If singing is a passion for you, and you want to earn from it as well, it is important to write a solid resume.
But, before you think of writing the entire resume, think of how you would start it.
The objective is the beginning of any resume, so you have to concentrate here first. Your focus should be on your ability to sing both high and low notes and knowledge of music in general.
In your resume objective for a singer position, focus on your ability to memorize, record, and perform songs.
Emphasize the fact that you have some studio as well as stage experience. Also, provide information regarding your knowledge of playing different instruments such as guitars and drums.
A resume objective for a singer position should effectively highlight what the applicant brings to the table. If you have a specific skill, such as singing classical songs, you must mention that as well.
Related: Voice Actor Resume Sample
Some examples of a singer’s resume objective are provided here:
Singer Resume Objective Examples
1. To contribute to the success of Six Flags Entertainment as a Singer by using skills in music genres, including classical, rock, jazz, and blues. Unmatched ability to collaborate with managers, producers, and other singers in order to create a solid team environment. Able to maintain an appropriate physical presence, as well as stamina required for live performances.
2. Top-performing Singer with over 5 years of experience in reading, interpreting, and singing lyrics during performances, and recording sessions. Presently seeking a position at Universal Orlando to convey emotional joy, sadness, and other feelings in songs.
3. Strong desire to obtain a position as a Singer at Fiesta Texas Inc to apply in-depth knowledge of lyrics, music, and choreography guidelines. Bringing expertise in maintaining consistency of performances, and creating and impersonating characters and personalities. Unmatched ability to engage crowds during performances, ensuring entertainment consistency.
4. To obtain a position as a Singer at The Julliard School employing hands-on experience in performing music for live audiences and recordings. Competent in playing guitars, and keyboards during performances. Highly skilled in performing before live audiences as a solo artist as well as part of a band.
5. Seeking a Singer position at Longy School of Music to leverage excellent skills in memorizing musical selections, and routines, and singing printed text and musical notations. Familiar with observing choral leaders and prompters for cues and direction in vocal presentation. Proven ability to perform before live audiences, and on television, or movie productions.
6. Passionate singer with exceptional proficiency in signing different styles, such as pop, jazz, rhythm, and rock. Seeking a position with ABC Entertainment to enhance the joys of the audience.