How would it look if your resume is sent in without an objective sitting at the top?
Not too good. An objective is not used just so that it looks pretty on a chemist resume.
It has a certain purpose, which is to make sure that whatever it is that you have written in your resume, is finely articulated before the actual resume starts. It is like an introduction and an ice breaker.
Resume objectives must be present on all resumes for more reasons than one.
For starters, it is imperative to show the hiring manager that you are a structured individual, who knows how to open and close a professional document. Secondly, an objective provides the hiring manager with a teaser about what the rest of the document contains, enhancing his or her interest in you as a candidate. Think of it as a necessary part of the resume, without which, your resume has a great chance of falling flat on its face.
Creating a resume is not an easy thing, and no one wants it to fail – the objective provides it with a safety umbrella. Whenever you prepare a resume, make sure that it begins with an objective, especially if you are changing careers, or applying for an entry level job. Some examples of resume objectives are provided below for your reference:
Chemist Resume Objectives
• Looking for a Chemist position at BASF utilizing over 10 years of experience in preparing test solutions, compounds and reagents to ensure that laboratory tests are properly executed, Corporation. Conducts chemical and field tests according to prescribed standards.
• Seeking a position as a Chemist at AECOM providing benefit of expertise in conducting analysis and experiments on both organic and inorganic substances to determine and evaluate chemical and physical properties of compounds and agents.
• Desire a position as a Chemist with Energy Solution. Offering track record of performing formulation, synthesis, and testing activities to meet established project objectives. Highly skilled in the accurate evaluation, organization and interpretation of data derived from chemical experiments.
• Looking for a Chemist position with Belzona International bringing strong proficiencies in using a range of software, techniques and equipment to carry out research and experimentation work on chemical compounds.
• To obtain a position as a Chemist at Afton Chemicals. Offers skills in performing chemical, biological and physical tests, utilizing a wide variety of laboratory equipment such atomic absorption spectrometers, mercury analyzers, gas chromatographs, and UV spectrometers.