A Collections Representative is responsible for contacting overdue accounts by phone, or text or email to collect previous overdue balances.
They usually retrieve information from the customer’s database to create a call list and work in MS Excel to identify accounts to call.
A resume for Collections Representative position emphasize on your skills, knowledge, and abilities to protect the accounts receivable assets of the company by maintaining and running a portfolio of accounts in a way to maximize profitable sales and reduce bad debt losses.
Highlight your skills in the collection of outstanding accounts, researching and assisting in billing reconciliation issues and ability to work alongside the accounting team, and helping the account management team.
Look at the following sample to get a clear idea about writing your resume.
See also: Collections Representative Cover Letter
Collections Representative Resume Sample
56 Example Street #98, Kennesaw, GA 52521
10+ years of collections and customer service experience. Highly skilled in performing collection activities on outstanding customer accounts and resolution of discrepancies. In-depth knowledge of different collection methods and the severance process. A strong desire to continually elevate the performance of the business as a matter of satisfaction
• Good Communication and customer service skills
• Excellent skills in relationship building
• Extremely motivated and flexible team contributor
• Proven record of efficiency and continuous development
• Knowledge of Fair Debt Collection Laws
• Dedicated and meticulous: Able to exceed both external and internal customer expectations
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
Green Tree – Kennesaw, GA | May 2010 – Present
• Research regarding unsettled account balance that is completely or partially unpaid
• Ensure follow up by mail and phone to insurance carriers or customers on felonious payments
• Investigate customer’s accounts and documents methodically
• Punch all information about the collection action of the account into the billing system
• Resolve inconsistencies and prepare adjustments
• Coordinate collection agency communication
• Answer customer inquiries about account status
• Evaluate claims denied for payment and poorly paid claims
• Verify payment information adjustments to manager
Collector / Collections Representative
DriveTime – Richmond, VA | Dec 2008 – May 2010
• Maintained well-standing of customer accounts
• Initiated all collection activities (telephonic calls, letters, and emails)
• Analyzed accounts receivable information to settle on priority
• Produced standard aging reports
• Analyzed receivables information from the aging report
• Monitored and collected on historical due amounts
ABC HIGH SCHOOL, Richmond, VA – 2008
Proficient in using Excel and Great Plains