There are many things you can do to make your resume the best amongst a lot of resumes that a prospective employer receives.
The first and foremost is to make sure that it is different from the rest.
How will you do that?
By not following the norms of resume writing and sticking to what is pertinent.
In order to figure out exactly what is pertinent, you will need to do a little bit of work. If you are applying to a particular company, finding out what they are looking for is foremost. Once you know, you can tweak the information in your resume accordingly.
Here is an example to guide you further:
Sample Resume for Hair Salon Receptionist Position
800 First Street
Volcano, HI 96785
tara_man @ email . com
HAIR SALON RECEPTIONIST
• Customer service-oriented hair salon receptionist with extensive experience in handling first contact activities in a salon environment.
• Able to effectively and efficiently provide information according to the salon’s set protocols.
• Demonstrated expertise in scheduling appointments and following up on them to ensure appropriate time management of salon personnel
• Qualified to provide information of salon facilities with a view to converting queries into business opportunities
• Unmatched ability to upsell retail products, with special focus on the requirements of clients
• Highly experienced in handling cash drawers by accurately managing payments for services rendered
BLONDIES, Volcano, HI
(5/2014 to Present)
Hair Salon Receptionist
• Greet new and existing clients and inquire into their needs for salon services.
• Provide information regarding services and associated prices provided by the salon.
• Assist clients in determining the type of service that will suit them and ensure an appropriate staff member is assigned to them.
• Schedule appointments with clients over the telephone and in-person and send reminders a day earlier.
• Engage clients in conversation with a view to selling them the salon’s retail products.
• Assist in conflict resolution with a view to retaining clients and repeat business.
• Create and display information about the salon’s services and products in display windows.
• Assist with hairstyling and other salon services in the event of staff shortages.
• Clean and sanitize the reception area and ensure that proper inventory of salon supplies is maintained.
• Increased client base by 66% by employing exceptional first contact manner, resulting in word-of-mouth marketing.
• Decreased instances of dissatisfaction by ensuring assignment of “right staff member” for each type of service.
• Retained an important client who threatened to take her business elsewhere following a particularly bad hair job, by offering her a redo free of cost.
• Handled a series of salon support services during a particularly busy time, in the event of staff shortages.
JC PENNY, Volcano, HI
(11/2012 to 5/2014)
• Conferred with clients to determine their hair types and provided them with information on which products to use.
• Washed, conditioned, and massages client’s hair according to their specific instructions.
• Dried clients’ hair, making it ready to be blow-dried or straightened or curled.
• Assisted in handling inventory of salon supplies by ensuring that all needed items are available.
• Properly washed and dried that robes and towels.
ROSTER HIGH SCHOOL, Volcano, HI – 2012
High School Diploma
• Tier-1 Services
• Records Management
• Inventory Control
• Service Reservations
• Staff Assignments
• Conflict Resolution
• Support Services
• Facilities Maintenance