Night porters work at hotels where they are expected to perform porter duties during a night shift.
They perform a lot of duties which may include assisting guests with luggage, booking tours for guests, providing guests with general information, and ensuring that the hotel area is kept clean and tidy during the night shift.
When you apply for this position, you should ensure that your resume speaks volumes about your ability to work in a guest service environment.
You should include your skills in greeting guests as they arrive, directing them to the right contact person, escorting them to their rooms, and providing in-room services.
Here is a great sample for you:
Night Porter Resume Example
308 North Street, Woodridge, NJ 78000
Highly motivated and committed Porter with 11 years of experience working in different hospitality settings. Highly effective in providing excellent guest service and cleaning service on a night shift. Proficient in greeting guests and directing them to their required destination in the hotel, and providing general information about the hotel’s services and events inside the hotel and surrounding areas.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Competent at providing exceptional tier-one services in a team environment
• Ability to work on a rotating shift
• Commercial cleaning experience
• Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
• Strong attention to detail
Kimpton Hotels, Woodridge, NJ
Mar 2015 – Present
• Greet guests as they enter the hotel.
• Provide them with preliminary information regarding hotel services.
• Carry guests’ luggage to their assigned rooms.
• Perform cleaning and tidying activities as instructed.
• Thank guests upon departure.
• Call cabs for guests as requested.
• Perform bell-person and valet duties when needed.
• Implemented procedures to ensure proper working order for night porters resulting in exceptional nighttime guest services.
• Named Employee of the Year in 2021 and 2021 following supervisor’s and guests’ feedback.
The Grand Hyatt, Woodridge, NJ
Dec 2009 – Mar 2015
• Greeted guests s they arrived and assisted them with luggage.
• Answered room service calls when directed to.
• Assisted in cleaning hotel areas.
• Manned telephone exchange when instructed.
• Handled front desk duties as instructed.
• Formulated and implemented a greeting script for incoming calls thereby adding professionalism to call management procedures.
• Offered a permanent night porter job after only three months of working as an intern.
Woodridge High School, Woodridge, NJ – 2009