Hospital Porters are key workers at hospitals across the globe. They help doctors, nurses, and other hospital workers with various tasks.
How to write a Great Resume for Hospital Porter Position?
In your Hospital Porter Resume, emphasize your knowledge or any experience of working with people of diverse backgrounds, particularly in a caring role.
For instance, you may draw attention towards your skills in
- transporting patients to different areas of the hospital
- operating or repairing medical tools
- performing cleaning duties to ensure the hospital is functioning in the most efficient manner possible
- taking patients carefully to appointments, and then back to their ward.
The following resume example, along with this Hospital Porter Cover Letter, will provide you with a good idea about writing a compelling job application. Feel free to modify it as per job requirements and your specific skills and experience.
Sample Resume for Hospital Porter
59 Example Street, Gulfport, MS 65298
Detail-oriented Hospital Porter with exceptional physical capabilities and cleaning skills to maximize the efficiency and attain the maximum level of satisfaction of patients and staff.
• 12 years of hands-on experience as a hospital porter
• Comprehensive knowledge of performing cleaning and sanitation duties within the hospital
• In-depth knowledge of hospital procedures, practices, and layout
• Hands-on experience in loading and pushing heavy trolleys
• Highly skilled in delivering and retrieving patient food carts
Memorial Hospital at Gulfport – Gulfport, MS
2015 – Present
• Move trolleys, furniture, and equipment
• Take and deliver meals to patients
• Deliver letters, files, and specimens within the hospital
• Transfer clean linen from the laundry to hospital wards
• Dispose of hazardous waste
• Move patients to and from the wards
Family Health Hospital – Gulfport, MS
2009 – 2015
• Responded calmly and speedily in emergencies
• Transport trolleys using safe lifting techniques, moving and handling
• Developed substantial knowledge of health and safety, as well as hygiene issues
• Handled patients with sickness and distress
High School Diploma
St. Peter’s Public School, Gulfport, MS
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to follow instructions efficiently
• Reliable and careful
• A friendly and helpful manner
• Able to multi-task and work independently utilizing critical thinking skills
• Possess a good level of physical fitness
• Weight Lifting: Up to 40 pounds
• Trolley movement: Up to 100 pounds
Hospital Porter Job Outlook
You do not generally need any experience or prior qualifications to apply for the job of a hospital porter. Nevertheless, you require good physical abilities and communication skills.
On the other hand, it is a good idea to gain some practical experience before applying for the job. You could gain valuable experience with this role by volunteering in a hospital, assisting the porter with his or her duties.