Hospital Porters are key workers at hospitals across the globe. They help doctors, nurses, and other hospital workers with various tasks.
How to write a Great Resume for Hospital Porter Position?
In your Hospital Porter Resume, emphasize your knowledge or any experience of working with people of diverse backgrounds, particularly in a caring role.
For instance, you may draw attention towards your skills in
- transporting patients to different areas of the hospital
- operating or repairing medical tools
- performing cleaning duties to ensure the hospital is functioning in the most efficient manner possible
- taking patients carefully to appointments, and then back to their ward.
The following resume example, along with this Hospital Porter Cover Letter, will provide you with a good idea about writing a compelling job application. Feel free to modify it as per job requirements and your specific skills and experience.
Sample Resume for Hospital Porter Job
59 Example Street, Gulfport, MS 65298
Detail-oriented Hospital Porter with exceptional physical capabilities and cleaning skills to maximize the efficiency and attain the maximum level of satisfaction of patients and staff.
• 12 years of hands-on experience as a hospital porter
• Comprehensive knowledge of performing cleaning and sanitation duties within the hospital
• In-depth knowledge of hospital procedures, practices, and layout
• Hands-on experience in loading and pushing heavy trolleys
• Highly skilled in delivering and retrieving patient food carts
Memorial Hospital at Gulfport – Gulfport, MS
2015 – Present
• Move trolleys, furniture, and equipment
• Take and deliver meals to patients
• Deliver letters, files, and specimens within the hospital
• Transfer clean linen from the laundry to hospital wards
• Dispose of hazardous waste
• Move patients to and from the wards
Family Health Hospital – Gulfport, MS
2009 – 2015
• Responded calmly and speedily in emergencies
• Transport trolleys using safe lifting techniques, moving and handling
• Developed substantial knowledge of health and safety, as well as hygiene issues
• Handled patients with sickness and distress
High School Diploma
St. Peter’s Public School, Gulfport, MS
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to follow instructions efficiently
• Reliable and careful
• A friendly and helpful manner
• Able to multi-task and work independently utilizing critical thinking skills
• Possess a good level of physical fitness
• Weight Lifting: Up to 40 pounds
• Trolley movement: Up to 100 pounds
Hospital Porter Job Outlook
You do not generally need any experience or prior qualifications to apply for the job of a hospital porter. Nevertheless, you require good physical abilities and communication skills.
On the other hand, it is a good idea to gain some practical experience before applying for the job. You could gain valuable experience with this role by volunteering in a hospital, assisting the porter with his or her duties.