As a sentence fragment outlining the job seeker’s idealization of an available position, the objective statement is an important part of a police chief resume. Unfortunately, these statements often fail, simply because they are not verb-driven. A resume objective should be able to draw a direct parallel between the applicant’s training and experience and the generalized requirements of the available position.
Even though objective statements are optional components of resumes, they have increased in popularity over the years. The reason? Well, they perform the job of an icebreaker and serve as an introduction. Objective statements need to be specific and should rely on the applicant’s experience as well as skills.
When you write a police chief objective, you should be able to identify your preferences within each of the categories given here, although they may not be directly included in the actual objective statement:
|Career Field of Job Title||Population|
|Functional Area||Short-term Goals|
These are not all-encompassing but they do provide a general idea of what components are included in the resume objective.
|General Skills Areas|
Each resume objective that you write needs to be particular to the police chief position. Generalized / generic resume objectives are not looked at with a lot of interest.
• Top-performing law enforcement professional seeking a position as a Police Chief with the City of Livermore. Bringing 20+ years’ progressive experience in planning and implementing policing functions and ensuring that the department follows them to the tee.
• Self-motivated, successful professional looking for a Police Chief position at the Town of Cary. Offers expertise in planning, coordinating, supervising and evaluating police department to ensure smooth running of operations.
• Desire a position as a Police Chief with City of Selma. Offering hands-on experience in developing policies and procedures mandated by law in a bid to ensure efficient operations of the department.
• To work for the Department of Veteran Affairs as a Police Chief applying skills in planning and implementing law enforcement programs to efficiently carry out the policies and goals of the city council.
• To secure a police chief position at Village of Pinecrest. Expert in reviewing evidence, witnesses and suspects in criminal cases and ensuring that all aspects of cases are properly correlated.
• Seeking a Police Chief position with City of Davenport utilizing proficiency in directing the development and maintenance of policing systems and records aimed at providing roper evaluation and control of the police department operations.