When you design your biology lab assistant cover letter to be work-centered and employer-centered (and not self-centered), you end up addressing the employers’ needs, which is what he wants you to do. It is a complete win-win situation. Emphasizing the benefits of your employment for the reader, is what is considered most important when you write a cover letter.
Write a draft first to determine your writing skills. And then you can tweak it to convert it into a perfect cover letter. Here are a few tips that will help you in your cover letter writing endeavours:
• Credibility, clarity and quickness come with simplicity in writing. When you respect the reader’s time, you automatically become a favorite. Your letter should be informative and develop a rapport with the reader but should not be unnecessarily long.
• Keeping your letter to one page, with a maximum of three targeted paragraphs is important. Eliminate extraneous words and try to avoid rehashing information from your resume.
• Your content, tone and word choice should be positive. Poorly organized, confusing, unclear and choppy cover letters do nothing to attract the reader’s interest.
• Keep your letters personal, warm and professional. Do not be overly familiar or intrusive. Tailor them to each position that you apply for.
Based on these, you should be able to come up with a cover letter such as the one given below:
657 3rd Street
Livermore Falls, ME 25141
lara @ email . com
November 7, 2015
Mr. Benjamin Perry
Human Resource Manager
Northside University Hospital
637 Cedar Road
Livermore Falls, ME 17363
Dear Mr. Perry:
Science means more than a subject to me. As a biology lab assistant who has had extensive exposure to biological experiments in a laboratory setting, I am quite well-suited for a position within your hospital. When you review my resume, you will come across the many achievements that I have had to my name – and the number of times that I have been commended on my exceptional research skills.
Here is a brief overview of my abilities:
• Hands-on experience in setting up and calibrating laboratory equipment for educational and experimental purposes
• Track record of promoting safety within the lab by ensuring that all safety precautions are taken and that chances of accidents and fires are reduced
• Focused on ascertaining that students are aware of laboratory procedures such as specimen handling and dedicated experiments as part of their educational programs
Let’s meet and discuss this role in detail. I will be on touch with you next week. Alternately, you can contact me at (777) 777-7777. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Last updated on