Police sergeants perform a variety of duties and safety work in order to ensure the security of the vicinity that they are responsible for. They usually work under the Chief of Police and are responsible for hiring and training police officials to perform their duties in accordance to the set procedures of law.
Police sergeants are also required to schedule patrol shifts, assign officers to caseloads and review patrol reports. This is a position that demands high responsibility and any individual at this position is required to be the epitome of ethics and professionalism. Managing training programs and conducting formal training, these professionals recommend corrective and disciplinary actions as and when required.
People applying for this position will already possess some police work experience and will need to highlight their skills when submitting a resume. Let us look how these skills as depicted in a resume objective:
Police Sergeant Resume Objectives
• Results-driven, highly-energetic professional seeking a Police Sergeant position with the City of Riverton utilizing considerable knowledge of modern law enforcement principals, extensive knowhow of the city’s geography and the ability to communicate well in order to provide a safe environment to community.
• Seeking a position of Police Sergeant with Park City where I may use my police training and officer management skills in order to provide professionalism to the office
• Looking for a Police Sergeant position with Orange County using excellence in supervision skills with a profound ability to work in a law enforcing capacity
• To obtain a position as a Police Sergeant with Emerson College employing well honed leadership style and strong command presence in order to manage a potentially safe environment for the public
• Desire a Police Sergeant position with City of Santa Maria. Offering strong public service work ethics and a clean record of teamwork