Police sergeants perform a variety of duties and safety work to ensure the security of the vicinity that they are responsible for.
They usually work under the Chief of Police and are responsible for hiring and training police officials to perform their duties following the set procedures of law.
Police sergeants are also required to schedule patrol shifts, assign officers to caseloads and review patrol reports.
This is a position that demands high responsibility, and any individual at this position is required to be the epitome of ethics and professionalism.
Managing training programs and conducting formal training, these professionals recommend corrective and disciplinary actions as and when required.
People applying for this position will already possess some police work experience and will need to highlight their skills when submitting a resume.
Police Sergeant Resume Objectives
1. Results-driven, highly energetic professional seeking a Police Sergeant position with the City of Riverton. Bringing considerable knowledge of modern law enforcement principles, extensive know-how of the city’s geography, and the ability to communicate well to provide a safe environment to the community.
2. Seeking a position of Police Sergeant with Park City where I can use my police training and office management skills to provide professionalism to the office.
3. Looking for a Police Sergeant position with Orange County, using excellence in supervision skills with a profound ability to work in a law enforcing capacity.
4. To obtain a position as a Police Sergeant with Emerson College, employing a well-honed leadership style and strong command presence to manage a potentially safe environment for the public.
5. Strong desire to work as a Police Sergeant with the City of Santa Maria. Offering strong public service work ethics and a clean record of teamwork.