- Start creatively. That said, avoid starting your paralegal cover letter in predictable ways.
- Write unique content that hiring managers would love to read.
- Reflect your skills that directly relate to the paralegal position.
- Write a different cover letter for each employer.
- Include the hiring manager’s name.
- Craft a compelling opening sentence.
- Describe your relevant skills that will be helpful for the employer.
- Write in a personalized manner without replicating the information that is already present in your resume.
- Think about what can you do for the employer instead of what the company can do for you.
Use the following cover letter sample (for a paralegal position) as a template:
Sample Cover Letter for Paralegal Job
541 Maple Street
Murray, KY 05565
d.ross @ email . com
July 8, 2020
Mr. Dean Dermot
Manager of Human Resource
Fidelis Secure Care
2739 Glendale Road
Murray, KY 01283
Dear Mr. Dermot:
I am poised to work for Fidelis Secure Care in the capacity of a Paralegal. With extensive experience in preparing various types of legal documents and leading case research efforts, I believe that I am the right contender.
My following qualifications will help me in meeting and exceeding your expectations:
- Hands-on experience in investigating cases and performing fact-finding activities to obtain relevant information.
- Track record of analyzing information to produce factual reports.
- Skilled in providing assistance in the preparation for and closing of various corporate transactions.
- Adept at interviewing clients and witnesses and recording information efficiently so that it can be deemed useful in case progressions.
It is serendipity that has brought us together and I believe that we should meet to further discuss my abilities. Please feel free to contact me at (000) 987-3234 if you need further information.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.