A PBX operator, also known as a Switchboard operator, manages a company’s switchboard. S/he responds to incoming calls and forwards them to the suitable employee and vice versa.
You require only a high school education to get this job. On-the-job training will be provided by the employer.
In keeping with the Bureau of Labor Statistics, full-time PBX operators can earn over $32,000 per year.
Resumes for the PBX Operator position need to hold just the right phrases and information that can entice a recruiter to pick up the phone and call the applicant.
Imagine writing everything in a PBX or Switchboard Operator resume and not knowing what to say at the interview!
The best thing to do is to write as concisely as possible, but whatever you do write should hold tempting information.
Related: PBX Operator Cover Letter
PBX Operator Resume Sample
912 County Road 88
Shushan, NY 66662
SWITCHBOARD / PBX OPERATOR
Detail-oriented switchboard operator with over 9 years of experience in operating 200+ line PBX systems. Highly skilled in dealing with a large number of calls while providing information over the phone. Proficient in reacting quickly and accurately during emergency situations. Excellent telephone etiquette. Courteous and helpful attitude.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good customer orientation
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work well under stress
• Eager to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
• Managed and serviced over 400 calls singlehandedly pertaining to a new offer in the absence of the second PBX operator.
• Successfully managed to evacuate all staff from the office building using an overhead paging system in the event of a fire.
Chantilly Inc, Shushan, NY
Mar 2017 – Present
• Answer console and direct calls appropriately
• Assist all guests and associates with information
• Record and deliver alarm calls
• Dispense and track communication radios
• Log all pertinent information in the database
• Serve as a customer service ambassador
Quincy Medical Center, Quincy, MA
Jun 2013 – Mar 2017
• Operated electronic console
• Handled incoming and outgoing calls
• Provided overhead voice paging of physicians and hospital workers
• Contacted on-duty staff by calling beeper numbers
• Responded to alarms positioned in different areas of the communication room
CITY SCHOOL, Shushan, NY – 2007