Resume objectives are the opening statement of a public information officer resume and can be of many different types.
Since you have a free hand in writing resume objectives, you do not really have to worry much.
However, some measures of accuracy may be required. For instance, a resume objective written for a public information officer position must highlight the candidate’s communication abilities at the very least.
When beginning a public information officer resume with an objective, always make a thorough self-analysis first.
See what makes you as great as you are, and mention all that you can do for an organization. Selfless resume objectives can lead you straight to interviews.
The more effort you put into writing a good objective, the easier your journey to the interview stage will be.
Here are some samples that you can take ideas from:
Sample Objectives for Public Information Officer Resume
1. Extensively trained and resourceful Public Information Officer with over 5 years of experience in leading the development of risk mitigation plans and effective social media strategies. Looking for a challenging position at AECOM where my skills and passion will be fully utilized.
2. Seeking a position as a Public Information Officer at United Nations. Bringing a successful track record in planning and assisting with community relations events. Deep insight into managing companies’ overall media response initiatives and continual development of working relationships with key members.
3. To obtain a Public Information Officer position with Napa Valley Transportation Authority. Poised to respond to the media and public and establish effective relationships with agency heads, key personnel, and the public at large.
4. Highly experienced, organized, and meticulous Public Information Officer with deep insight into the principles, techniques, and objectives of public information and relations programs, excited to work for the University of the Pacific.
5. Eager to obtain a Public Information Officer position at the Department of Design and Construction. Offering exceptional abilities in establishing, developing, and maintaining contact with media, professional and civic organizations, and special interest groups, aimed at promoting the department’s programs.