Law enforcement officers are required to protect both life and property in whichever setting that they are working in. They are also needed to help the public place that is under their jurisdiction safe.
The only purpose of the Law Enforcement Officer Resume is to sell your skills and qualifications with the sole aim of getting an interview.
Law Enforcement Officer Resume Tips
● Do not be unclear and nonspecific
● Try to make a strong relevance between your capabilities and prospective employer’s requirements.
● Your resume must be error-free, truthful, concise and realistic.
● Edit and proofread at least three times as misspelled words and poor grammar may harm your candidacy.
See also: Cover Letter for Law Enforcement Officer Resume
Law Enforcement Officer Resume Example
35 Maple Street | Ottawa, KS 73534 | (000) 320-25210 | justin @ email . com
LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
Accomplished law enforcement professional with 10+ years’ experience in public service capacities. Documented success of directing and leading law enforcement goals and objectives. Track record of resolving general public complaints, and handling court proceedings and public hearings. Takes necessary action against culprits, gathers evidence, files cases and generates appropriate reports.
• Liaising with community and individuals
• Crime deterrence and reassuring the community
• Identifying and interviewing suspects
• Diffusing potentially volatile situations
|• Patrolling||• Community education||• 911 calls responding|
|• Initial investigation||• Incidents assistance||• Crime reports preparation|
|• Gathering evidence||• Taking statements||• Conducting arrests|
• Organized and deployed personnel to specific areas under prudent jurisdiction thereby bringing down criminal activities by 10% in the area.
• Promoted from intern within six months of service following acquisition of excellent in law enforcement duties.
Dustin County Office – Dustin, KS | 2010 – Present
Law Enforcement Officer
• Control entry of unauthorized personnel into the office
• Patrol building and surrounding area and report any unusual incident or occurrence
• Respond to alarms, fires or other immediate threats to life or property
• Apprehend any suspicious persons or felons
• Operate and monitor sophisticated tools and machinery specialized for security services
Suffolk University – Boston, MA | 2007 – 2010
• Secured buildings by turning off lights, closing windows and locking doors
• Monitored CCTV at various locations
• Issued parking tickets
• Prevented and deterred crimes
• Provided crime prevention instructions and information to the community
St. Louis Community College, Ottawa, KS
Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice
• MS Word. Excel and PowerPoint
• Law Enforcement Software
• Radio Communication