Considering the present day’s saturated job market, you’ll be required to do extensive research on the prospective employer’s needs.
Also, you have to view some effective cover letter writing tips to build a compelling cover letter for a traffic officer position.
Here are some basic rules for cover letter writing, followed by a sample cover letter for a traffic officer position.
Traffic Officer Cover Letter Writing Tips
• Pick up the key criteria for the job as given in the job advertisement and build the core part of your cover letter around your relevant skills.
• Follow a logical writing format. Typically, cover letters begin with an introduction of who you are followed by a convincing body paragraph stating why you are an ideal candidate.
• Make sure your cover letter is unique. Avoid using built-in templates.
Following is a well-written cover letter sample for a traffic officer resume.
Sample Cover Letter for Traffic Officer Position
210 Ivy Lane, Hershey, PA 34007
jordan @email . com
September 20, 2019
Mr. Derek Glen
Hershey Entertainment and Resort
688 Panorama Ave
Hershey, PA 34007
Dear Mr. Glen:
Your advertisement for a traffic officer position piqued my interest since I offer the qualifications you seek in the ideal candidate. The breadth of my expertise covers a wide area of responsibilities, thereby providing me with comprehensive insights into traffic operations.
My qualifications include:
• Proficient in the upkeep of high visibility electronic signboards for traffic guidance.
• Expert in handling abandoned and accidental vehicles and clearing routes.
• Competent at the enforcement of traffic safety laws.
• Apt in placing and removing mobile road closures.
• Sound knowledge of traffic laws issued by NHA.
During my five years’ experience as a patrol officer with ASBAX, I developed exceptional skills in traffic surveying and relevant report writing. This experience, coupled with proficiency in the issuance of traffic violation tickets, vehicular meter checking and accident handling, could prove to be very helpful in the role of a traffic officer at Hershey’s.
I would appreciate an opportunity to meet with you in order to discuss my abilities in more depth and am available for an interview at your earliest convenience. Please call me at (005) 666-7777 to communicate a suitable date and time.
Thank you for your time and consideration.