Do you know that it is possible to enhance the impact of your correctional officer cover letter for by following some simple steps?
The time spent in crafting a cover letter always gives the reward. Putting some extra effort to create an excellent cover letter is genuinely worth a shot – since cover letters play an important role in the selection process.
Correctional Officer Cover Letter Tips
• State the exact title of the position you are applying for
• Address the letter directly to the HR manager by name
• Make sure you provide your current contact information
• Proofread your cover letter thrice before sending
745 King’s Lane ■ Eloy, AZ 43282 ■ (004) 415-8545 ■ jake @ email . com
October 6, 2016
Mr. David Raymond
Corrections Corporation of America
882 Fischer’s Sq
Eloy, AZ 43282
Dear Mr. Raymond:
– Are you seeking a successful criminal justice professional who can contribute effectively to your bottom-line?
– Could you use the services of an experienced and dedicated correctional officer?
– Do you wish to hire an energetic professional who is highly knowledgeable of the American Criminal Justice System?
I offer the right combination of skills and experience you are seeking in the ideal candidate to fill in the correctional officer position. Some of my qualifications include:
• Current first responder certification with a BS in Criminal Justice
• Well versed in accompanying visiting clergies and attorneys and assisting them in inmate communication and data provision
• Particularly effective in searching incoming and resident inmates as and when needed
• Able to carry out Preliminary breath tests, take photographs and record fingerprints
• Track record of handling inmate disputes, and reporting the same and devising disciplinary action
During my 3 years of experience in the criminal justice arena, I handled substance abuse cases and individuals with mental health and social inclusion issues. This experience renders me a highly suitable correctional officer for your facility since you also have a mix inmate facility.
My resume is attached for your review. I would welcome an opportunity to discuss the position with you in person. Please communicate an interview date and time at your earliest convenience.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Last updated on