Do you know that it is possible to enhance the impact of your correctional officer cover letter for by following some simple steps?
The time spent in crafting a cover letter always gives the reward. Putting some extra effort to create an excellent cover letter is genuinely worth a shot – since cover letters play an important role in the selection process.
Correctional Officer Cover Letter Tips
• State the exact title of the position you are applying for
• Address the letter directly to the HR manager by name
• Make sure you provide your current contact information
• Proofread your cover letter thrice before sending
745 King’s Lane ■ Eloy, AZ 43282 ■ (004) 415-8545 ■ jake @ email . com
October 6, 2016
Mr. David Raymond
Corrections Corporation of America
882 Fischer’s Sq
Eloy, AZ 43282
Dear Mr. Raymond:
– Are you seeking a successful criminal justice professional who can contribute effectively to your bottom-line?
– Could you use the services of an experienced and dedicated correctional officer?
– Do you wish to hire an energetic professional who is highly knowledgeable of the American Criminal Justice System?
I offer the right combination of skills and experience you are seeking in the ideal candidate to fill in the correctional officer position. Some of my qualifications include:
• Current first responder certification with a BS in Criminal Justice
• Well versed in accompanying visiting clergies and attorneys and assisting them in inmate communication and data provision
• Particularly effective in searching incoming and resident inmates as and when needed
• Able to carry out Preliminary breath tests, take photographs and record fingerprints
• Track record of handling inmate disputes, and reporting the same and devising disciplinary action
During my 3 years of experience in the criminal justice arena, I handled substance abuse cases and individuals with mental health and social inclusion issues. This experience renders me a highly suitable correctional officer for your facility since you also have a mix inmate facility.
My resume is attached for your review. I would welcome an opportunity to discuss the position with you in person. Please communicate an interview date and time at your earliest convenience.
Thank you for your time and consideration.