How to Write an RPN Cover Letter?
An ideal cover letter for an RPN position in Canada and the USA must not exceed a single page. It must serve the following purpose:
• Convey your interest in the RPN position and some knowledge regarding the policies of the organization.
• Demonstrate your potential and strengths in the field.
• Showcase your relevant experience enlisting your core competencies developed through hands-on practice.
• Highlight your current, valid and applicable certifications in the field of nursing.
• How you begin and end your cover letter is what helps in setting you apart. Do not settle for a simple start: such as “I saw your ad in…” or “I wish to apply for…”
• To make your letter stand out, own the profession and begin with an expression of ownership.
See also: Practical Resume No Experience
RPN Cover Letter Sample
455 Beverly Villas, Seattle, WA 45929
March 19, 2019
Ms. Fiona Wilson
HR In charge
65 Jinx Road
Seattle, WA 45929
Dear Ms. Wilson:
Joining the committed team of nurses at ABC Hospital has been my dream ever since I entered the nursing profession. My seven years’ nursing experience with diverse healthcare settings provides me with the capabilities to fulfill the RPN position currently available at ABC Hospital.
The following are some highlights of my profile for your consideration:
• Skilled in providing perfect patient care
• Competent at documenting patient data as per CNO standards
• Well versed in assisting doctors in the patient evaluation
• Adept at implementing the prescribed medical schedule
• Current BCLS certification
My #resume is attached for your view, which details my exact qualifications and experiences.
I would like to meet with you in person to discuss your nursing care standards and patient care policies and relate my competencies with the same. I will call your secretary at the end of this week to arrange an interview. In case you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call me at (005) 444-6666 anytime.
Thank you for your time and consideration.