As soon as a nurse finishes her education or as a student, she needs to gain some hands-on experience as a Nursing Intern, a position where she will have to work her way up to the standards of real-time nursing.
Nursing interns are responsible for assessing patients as they are brought into a hospital and documenting findings apart from managing other nursing functions.
A nursing intern who has just passed out from training school and is looking for a job will need to ensure that she puts in skills that are relevant to her job specifically when writing a cover letter.
Let us see how this might be done.
Nursing Internship Cover Letter Example
3091 Windhaven Street
Mayfield, KY 88883
December 19, 2022
Mr. Russell Clegg
Family Health Hospital
67 Valley Road
Mayfield, KY 67911
Dear Mr. Clegg:
I recently completed my bachelor of science in nursing, and am passionate to work as a Nursing Intern at Family Health Hospital. I am submitting this letter and resume for your consideration. My goal is to obtain a place where I can employ my training in nursing practices to assist doctors in professionally managing their patients.
Through my nursing education and training, I have developed a working knowledge of the nursing profession relating to quality patient care and creating and implementing individualized patient care plans. Specifically, I am knowledgeable in:
- Delivering safe, direct care to an assigned group of patients, under the supervision of an RN
- Adhering to departmental policies
- Using nursing processes to work in collaboration with the healthcare team
- Implementing and documenting individualized nursing plans of care
- Discharge planning and patient/family teaching
- Administering medication, including IV medication
- Documenting and communicating clinical findings
- Maintaining a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with hospitals standards
I am very excited about the prospect of joining the Family Health Hospital as a nursing intern. I would welcome the opportunity to meet you in person to discuss the possibility of my working in this role. I will contact you next week to follow up and can be reached at (000) 888-8888 if you need any further information from me.
Thank you for taking out the time in reviewing my application. The attached resume details my education, certification, qualifications, and skills.