As opposed to interior designers who work with the architecture of a building, interior decorators create beauty in the spaces within.
They work with materials, colors, and designs to make a place look visually pleasing.
Interior designers work in many capacities – from houses to commercial buildings, they are required at any place where the need to beautify is imminent.
With a degree in interior decorating and a good aesthetic sense, you can go places in the world of interior decoration.
And the following resume sample will help you to get a highly paid job.
Interior Decorator Resume Example
20 Georgetown Street
Beaumont, TX 73829
A creative interior designer with 12 years of hands-on experience in employing various methods and procedures used in decorating the interiors of buildings. Conversant with design, colors, and materials used in interior decoration projects. Excellent ability to determine factors affecting the design process of a project. In-depth knowledge of providing clients with practical yet aesthetic designs to meet their specific requirements
• Aesthetics sense
• Ability to use popular design computer programs
• Exceptional organizational and communication skills
• Working knowledge of environmental factors affecting interior decorations
• Professional demeanor
Creative Souls – Beaumont, TX
2015 – present
• Confer with clients to determine requirements and budgets
• Explore and determine spaces to assess logistics
• Advise clients on selecting designs and materials
• Manage sub-contraction for fabrication and installation of materials
• Plan and design interiors based on clients’ needs
Creative Souls, Beaumont, TX
2010 – 2015
• Assisted with design management according to clients’ requirements
• Provided assistance in procuring materials and designs
• Managed paperwork associated with budgets and quotations
• Prepared project invoices as required
Bachelor of Arts in Interior Decoration
Texas State University – Houston, TX – 2006