Every job seeker seems to be putting an extra effort in building a resume for an operating room nurse since the job market became very aggressive.
To get an interview, you need to ensure that your operating room nurse resume is well chalked out. To do this, the first step would be to find out and ascertain your prospective employer’s needs.
OR RN Resume Tips
• Pay attention to the key terms used in the job advertisement and make sure you include these in your skill’s section.
• Always support your claims with relevant accomplishments.
• The layout, format, design, and choice of language must all be following the prospective employer’s culture and norms.
See the following examples to get a better idea.
Operating Room Nurse Resume Sample 1 (Less Experience/Entry Level)
402 Wilson Farm Road, Greenbrier, AR 45214
To work as an Operating Room Nurse at Arkansas Hospital Association utilizing extensive knowledge and vast experience in surgical procedures to assist the surgeon most efficiently.
• Over two years’ experience as an operating room nurse
• Current licensure as an RN approved by the AR Board of Nurse Examiners
• Proven ability to perform exams and procedures and documenting intervention in EMR
• Well-versed in preparing and operating necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments, and procedures
• Competent at sterilizing processes and procedures
• Hands-on experience in providing compassionate post-op nursing care
OPERATING ROOM ACHIEVEMENTS
• Formulated and implemented a program that provides individualized nursing care in the peri-operative period
• Conducted workshops for patients on surgical and post-surgical procedures to facilitate education
ABC HOSPITAL – Greenbrier, AZ
Operating Room Nurse | 2015-2017
• Consulted with healthcare teams to assess, plan and formulate patient care plans in pre and post-op
• Conducted pre and post-op educational workshops
• Took and recorded patient vital signs
• Provided basic bedside care
• Prepared and administered medications through IV, orally and subcutaneously
• Prepared surgery for procedures for managing equipment and instruments
• Assisted surgeons with patient information throughout surgical procedures
GREENBRIER SCHOOL OF NURSING – Greenbrier, AR – 2006
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Majors: Surgical Nursing
CPR and First Aid certified
SPECIAL SKILLS AND STRENGTHS
• Excellent grasp of medical terminology
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Strong knowledge of nursing practices and medication administering
Operating Room Nurse Resume Sample 2 (Experienced)
455 Sylvester Ave, Livingston, NJ 58382
❖❖ OPERATING ROOM NURSE ❖❖
Compassionate, and self-reliant nursing professional with 5+ years’ experience as a surgical nurse. Highly skilled in surgical scrubbing, suction, dressing, stitching, and preparing the operating room before the procedure. Known for implementing ANA code of ethics. Bilingual: Spanish and English.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Surgeon Assistance||• Tertiary Care||• IV/IM Administration|
|• Patient Assessment||• Suturing||• Homeostasis|
|• ANA Standards||• Ambulatory Care||• Patient Positioning|
|• Post Surgical Monitoring||• Instrument Preparation||• Wound Care|
RN (Operating Room)
Barnabas Hospital, Livingston, NJ | 2011 – Present
• Revised the supplies inventory system on the floor, adding minute details to it which ensured timely provision of supplies, enhancing supply availability by 90%.
• Developed a culturally competent and viable diet plan for a vegetarian patient.
• Scrubbed in a major open heart surgery preparing the OT appropriately for the emergency.
• Participated in several interdepartmental quality enhancement activities and contributed effectively to implementing advanced auditing techniques.
• Administer individualized and age-specific professional care to assigned patients.
• Perform surgical scrub nurse duties while ensuring patient security through close surveillance.
• Dress and monitor post-surgery wounds and administer prescribed medications.
Certified Nursing Assistant CNA (Surgery)
St. Vincent Health Care, Livingston, NJ | 2009 – 2011
• Assisted in selection and handling of instruments during surgical procedures.
• Responsibly arranged all OT supplies.
• Monitored, recorded and communicated patient’s condition before, during and after the operation.
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, AND CERTIFICATION
BSN, THE NURSING INSTITUTE, Livingston, NJ
BLS and ACLS
Licensed ARNP, RN New Jersey Department of Health