Medical assistants work in doctors’ offices, clinics and other healthcare facilities where they are expected to perform administrative tasks and assist doctors with their work.
Many high school graduates interested in the healthcare industry apply for this position as an internship in order to excel in it further. If you are also looking for an internship position as a medical assistant, then this cover letter sample is for you.
Medical Assistant Internship Cover Letter Tips
1. Introduce yourself, your relevant coursework, and how you learned of the job opportunity.
2. Convey your interest and keenness in the Medical Assistant Internship position and the facility.
3. Show your related skills and knowledge.
4. Persuade the hiring committee to read your enclosed resume and call you in for an interview consequently.
435 Osceola Street
Denver, CO 77888
November 14, 2015
Mr. Arnold Doyle
The Health Facility
546 Clementine Street
Denver, CO 88888
Dear Mr. Doyle:
I am interested in an internship position at The Health Facility in the capacity of a Medical Assistant. I have recently graduated from Denver City College and would like to work in a healthcare setting where I can put my skills and knowledge to the fullest.
Based on your requirements, following are a number of strengths which make me a unique candidate for this position:
• Skilled in performing clerical tasks, greeting patients and answering phone calls
• Well versed in checking in patients and verifying insurance information
• Familiar with appointment scheduling procedures
• Adept at collecting co-payments and balances via credit card, cash or check
• Excellent skills in obtaining vital signs
• In depth knowledge of drawing blood
• Hands-on experience in preparing patients charts and obtain reports of test results
• Thorough understanding of methods pertaining to keeping rooms stocked and neat
• Strong knowledge of processing urine, blood and other specimens
I am certain that I would deliver the best results by utilizing above capabilities. I will call you next week to follow up on this application. Should you require any other information in the interim’ I can be reached at (015) 555-5335.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to meeting with you in an interview.