Yesterday’s workplace was competitive, but today’s workplace is aggressive.
In the current aggressive job market, a well-crafted resume will help you find an excellent job in the nursing profession.
A poorly written resume will be viewed for only five to ten seconds and will spend the rest of its life in a dustbin.
Do you want that to happen with your nurse practitioner resume? No!
Experienced practitioner nurses often find it very difficult to summarize their competencies, expertise, and qualifications.
Well, you have a lot of experience, but the employers do not have time to read your long work histories.
Therefore, you need a structured, well formatted, and highly targeted resume!
See also: Nurse Practitioner Cover Letter.
Nurse Practitioner Resume Sample
693 Parma Heights, Parma, OH 89202
Successful nursing professional with eight years’ extensive experience in diagnosing, evaluating, and treating acute and chronic medical conditions through the physical exam and complete history taking. Track record of providing compassionate care, assisting physicians, and managing OPD operations. Exceptional critical thinking and decision making skills.
|• Diagnostic testing|
• History taking
• Physical examinations
• Surgeries assistance
|• Blood sample drawing|
• Therapeutic intervention
• Diagnostic studies
|• Follow up charting|
• Emergency handling
• Patients education
|• Wound Care|
• Smoking Cessation
BOTSFORD HOSPITAL, Austin, MN | 2011 – Present
• Develop and implement effective treatment regimens for patients with multiple chronic illnesses while strictly adhering to the standards of quality practice guidelines.
• Evaluate patients, order blood/urine tests, x-rays or scans as necessary, and diagnose the patients accurately in light of findings.
• Detect and respond to an unexpected drug reaction resulting from the execution of prescribed treatment.
• Analyze the patient history and preliminary test results to build a diagnosis
• Recommend treatment plans based on evaluation
• Educate and counsel patients regarding home management of chronic diseases
MAYO CLINIC, Austin, MN | 2009 – 2011
• Developed effective treatment plans based on professional practice guidelines
• Assisted the physician in the examination, evaluation, and diagnosis
• Adjusted medication dosage and frequency according to the patient’s age and stage of illness
Licensed Practitioner Nurse | State of Minnesota
WHNP, NRP, and ACLS Certifications
BS Honors, Nursing
SOUTH WALES UNIVERSITY, Austin, MN | 2008
• Volunteer at Cancer Research Institute Ohio
• American Red Cross member