Charge nurses work in designated areas of hospitals and other healthcare facilities. Their job is to ensure that the staffing requirements of a facility are managed properly and that the provision of nursing services is on par with the hospital’s policies.
● Career objective section is useful for entry level job seekers and career changers. If you possess some hands-on experience, move on and build a profile or summary for your resume.
● Do not waste the precious space by mentioning the mere duties you performed. Instead, focus on your accomplishments.
● Employers have always short of time. If your resume has brief bullet points rather than paragraphs, it has greater chances of being read till end.
The following resume samples will provide you with an idea on how to write your own for a charge nurse position.
See also: Charge Nurse Cover Letter
Helen Mayor, R.N.
8221 Sylvester Ave • Brooklyn, NY 68332 • (008) 333- 2222 • helen @ email . com
Performance Summary: Compassionate and dedicated nursing professional with 5+ years’ successful experience in managing nursing staff, delegating assignments, overseeing admissions/discharges, preparing schedules and ordering supplies. A caring individual who has a demonstrated ability to quickly and accurately assess patient conditions. Substantial knowledge of infection control and modern nursing care practices. BLS Certified.
Areas of expertise include:
|– Assignment Delegation||– Progress Monitoring||– Schedule Preparation|
|– Plan Implementation||– Medical Assistance||– Medicines Ordering|
|– Cultural Sensitivity||– History Taking||– IV Administration|
|– Communication||– Attention To Detail||– Patient Assessment|
CENTRAL HOSPITAL, Brooklyn, NY
Charge Nurse, 4/ 2011 to Present
• Enhance the effectiveness of individualized patient care plans by 50% by proactively monitoring and supervising the implementation of same
• Initiate an interactive board based supplies inventory that ensure absolute availability of medical supplies on the floor 24 hours
• Revise infection control protocols in the ward achieving a 100% infection free environment
• Monitor and document the progress of allotted patients maintaining effective communication
• Manage junior nursing staff and set their shifts and rotation plans
• Brief the patient regarding the treatment plan and relevant precautions
MEDICARE HOSPITAL, Brooklyn, NY
Registered Nurse, 8/ 2009 to 3/ 2011
• Identified beginning signs of a rare post surgical complication in a patient and reported the same immediately enabling timely diagnosis and successful treatment of the patient
• Developed and implemented patient care plans as per direction of the attending doctors and consultants
• Assisted in various medical and surgical procedures as per requirement
• Provided bedside care and administered IV medications as per chart
EDUCATION, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
AMERICAN NURSING ASSOCIATION, Brooklyn, NY
Certificate in advanced registered nursing, 2009
INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE OF MEDICINE, Brooklyn, NY
Bachelors of Science in Nursing, 2008
6601 New Street ● Sparks, NV 66123
(000) 999-9999 ● Email
CAREER OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as a Charge Nurse at Family Health Hospital utilizing abilities in providing nursing care and administrative experience to manage priorities of designated area of work.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 2 years’ experience working as a Charge Nurse at Manning Healthcare
• Highly skilled in setting up individualized plans of care for patients
• In depth knowledge of assisting in evaluation of patients
• Hands on experience in providing oversight of the nursing staff and operations
Charge Nurse | Manning Healthcare – Sparks, NV | April 2012– Present
• Set up and implement patient care plans
• Assist in patient examination
• Manage nursing staff in terms of schedules and training
• Maintain comprehensive records of schedules and treatment options
• Monitor patients and equipment
• Manage supply and equipment inventory
• Manage educational programs for staff and patients
• Created a fool-proof method of managing individualized patient care plans by taking input from patient data
• Implemented an inventory procedure bringing down the procedure time considerably
EDUCATION & LICENSURE
Sparks College of Healthcare – Sparks, NV – 2004
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Current Nevada RN Licensure
• Excellent knowledge of medical and nursing terminology
• Ability to work on a rotating shift
• Excellent work ethics
• Willing to work in a team
• Excellent organizational and communication skills