In order to apply for a position as a medical secretary with any healthcare organization, you have to craft a resume containing bullets of your transferable skills, experiences, and competencies.
A medical secretary resume is typically an overview of a job seeker’s educational and professional background.
A skill based or functional medical secretary resume is a good option for career changers or the candidates who have gaps in their employment history.
Below is a skills-based resume example for the position of Medical Secretary.
Feel free to modify this sample as per your circumstances.
Related: Medical Secretary Cover Letter
Medical Secretary Skills Resume Sample
Apt 323, Atlantic Heights, Edmonton, AB S9R 6E9
(000) 325-2587, Email Address
Highly-competent and accomplished professional with a demonstrated ability to perform medical and clerical tasks effectively while delivering outstanding customer service in busy Medical settings. Strong capability of staying organized under pressure. Natural aptitude to put residents in comfort, working in a team and a keep up to date with a doctor’s busy record. Able to deal with consultants and other senior medical staff.
|• Greeting patients||• Answering telephones||• Records management|
|• Medical terminology||• Schedule appointments||• Organization|
|• Entering patient charges||• Data collection||• Confidentiality|
|• Secretarial tasks||• Filing patient charts||• Violent patients dealing|
|• Diary maintenance||• Legal implications||• Communication|
Lakeridge Hospital, Edmonton, AB | 2017 – Present
• Interview patients so as to complete forms, documents and case histories
• Supervise and train staff
• Prepare, punch, edit, and proofread medical records
• Maintain confidential medical files and records
• Schedule and corroborate medical appointments
• Arrange financial statements and billing procedures
• Order supplies, and maintain inventory
• Determine and set up office procedures and routines
ABC College, Edmonton, AB | 2012
Medical Office Management Certification
Ryerson University, Edmonton, AB | 2007
Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
PERSONAL / COMPUTER SKILLS
• A warm and patient manner
• Sensitive approach
• Professional and calm approach
• MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Fax, internet, and Email
• Typing – 60 wpm