In order to apply for a position as a medical secretary with any healthcare organization, you have to craft a resume containing bullets of your transferable skills, experiences, and competencies.
A medical secretary resume is typically an overview of a job seeker’s educational and professional background.
A skill-based or functional medical secretary resume is a good option for career changers or candidates who have gaps in their employment history.
Below is a skills-based resume example for the position of Medical Secretary. Feel free to modify this sample as per your circumstances.
Sample Skills Resume for Medical Secretary Position
63 Atlantic Heights, Edmonton, AB S9R 6E9
Highly-competent and accomplished professional with a demonstrated ability to perform medical and clerical tasks effectively while delivering outstanding customer service in busy Medical settings. Strong capability of staying organized under pressure. Natural aptitude to put residents in comfort, working in a team and a keep up to date with a doctor’s busy record. Able to deal with consultants and other senior medical staff.
• Greeting patients
• Medical terminology
• Entering patient charges
• Secretarial tasks
• Diary maintenance
• Answering telephones
• Schedule appointments
• Data collection
• Filing patient charts
• Legal implications
• Records management
Lakeridge Hospital, Edmonton, AB
2017 – Present
• Interview patients so as to complete forms, documents and case histories
• Supervise and train staff
• Prepare, punch, edit, and proofread medical records
• Maintain confidential medical files and records
• Schedule and corroborate medical appointments
• Arrange financial statements and billing procedures
• Order supplies, and maintain inventory
• Determine and set up office procedures and routines
ABC College, Edmonton, AB | 2012
Medical Office Management Certification
Ryerson University, Edmonton, AB | 2007
Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
• MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Fax, internet, and Email
• Typing – 60 wpm
• A warm and patient manner
• Sensitive approach
• Professional and calm approach
Recommended: Medical Secretary Cover Letter