You may not know this but the way you write your resume has a huge effect on prospective employers.
They usually skim through resumes but this skimming is enough to give them a heads up about you as a candidate.
If you do not measure up, your resume can be trashed.
Have a look at the following resume sample to see how one can be written:
Medical Claims Processor Resume Sample
12 16th Ave South | Fargo, ND 10202 | (000) 879-7458 | nolanpage @ email . com
MEDICAL CLAIMS PROCESSOR
Highly ambitious and hardworking medical claims processor with 8 years of extensive experience of accurately and timely entering, reviewing and resolving simple to moderate complexity medical claims in accordance with set policies, procedures and guidelines. Proficient in entering claims data into predefined systems while interpreting coding in relation to diagnosis and procedures.
Highly organized, able to review and analyze claims through the utilization of available resources. Analyzes and applies plan concepts to claims including deductibles, coinsurance, copay and out of pocket costs. Effectively examines claims to determine if further investigation is required from other departments.
|✓ Claims Routing||✓ Data Entry||✓ Claims Review|
|✓ Process Improvement||✓ Data Confidentiality||✓ Resource Management|
|✓ Coding Interpretation||✓ Adjudication of Claims||✓ CPT Coding|
|✓ EDI Processing||✓ Medical Terminology||✓ Demographic Updates|
Medical Claims Processor
United Claims Situation, Fargo, ND | 6/2011 – Present
• Review received claims for accuracy and ensure that their eligibility is verified
• Identify processing deficiencies and initiate corrective actions according to specified instructions
• Enter claims data into the system, interpreting correct codes as they relate to medical procedures
• Analyze and apply plan concepts to claims such as copays, deductibles and coinsurances
• Examine each claim to determine if any further intervention is required, and route claims through the system
• Release claims in a time-efficient manner, ensuring accurate and efficient claims processing procedures are followed
• Ascertain that all claims and patient demographic information is confidentially maintained
• Compose and send letters of explanation regarding claims issues and policy provisions
• Successfully entered 25000 claims into the system, within one week, in the absence of 3 other claims processors
• Implemented a systems that provided dynamic alerts for demographic information updates
Medical Claims Assistant
Moda Health, Fargo, ND | 3/2009 – 6/2011
• Sorted out incoming claims requests and assisted adjusters in managing them appropriately
• Punched claims data into the system, making sure that it is accurately entered
• Updated patient demographic information into the system, placing special focus on ensuring its integrity
• Assisted claims processors in determining discrepancies, and ensured that they were resolved as soon as possible
• Contacted insurance companies to determine statuses of admitted claims, and recorded all derived information
• Introduced a system, applying which resulted in 100% data confidentiality.
• Improved the claims processing system, making it 65% more efficient than before.
Associate of Applied Science in Medical Insurance, Billing and Coding
Staratford University, Fargo, ND | 2010