How to Write a Medical Archivist Resume?
A medical archivist’s resume should essentially hold information about skills in gathering patient information by collecting demographic data from a variety of sources.
The resume should project that the candidate can effectively maintain master patient indexes, and has experience in initiating medical records by creating folders.
Typically, a medical archivist’s resume should be a good source of information about the candidate’s knowledge of the work.
Here is a sample medical archivist cover letter and resume to help you write your own:
Medical Archivist Resume Example
55 Main Street, Duluth, MN 22321
Medical Archivist with over ten years of experience in perfectly archiving medical records. A versatile, resourceful, and competent professional with excellent information about gathering demographic and personal information. Ability to issue medical files to persons and agencies in accordance with laws and regulations. Professional, and flexible with proven analytic skills. Adept at maintaining quality and accurate records by following set hospital procedures.
Information Gathering • Medical Files Issuance
Departmental Auditing • Quality Control
Records Protection • Admission Processing
Charts Preparation • Digital Image Creation
Storage Solutions • HIPAA Compliance
Records Retrieval • Records Routing
• Revamped the medical records system, making it more accessible than before
• Implemented a quality control system, as a result, increased data integrity by 20%
• Successfully punched in 500+ records in one shift, during a paper to the electronic conversion process
John Hopkins Hospital, Duluth, MN
2017 – Present
• Generate and assemble medical records
• Organize and evaluate medical records to ensure completeness and accuracy
• Route records to appropriate personnel and department
• Prepare reports and forms as directed by the supervisor
• Ensure that patient charts and paperwork are properly handled
• File patients’ medical records and ensure that they are properly protected
• Supply medical departments with appropriate records and information
ABC Hospital, Duluth, MN
• Sorted and placed files in designated areas according to storage protocols
• Safeguarded patients’ records by ensuring that no unauthorized personnel can reach them
• Retrieved medical record post requester verification
• Delivered charts and medical records to assigned hospital areas
• Maintained quality results by ensuring that hospital standards were met
St. Mary’s Hospital, Duluth, MN
• Gathered information regarding patient procedures and collated it
• Created files and charts in accordance with set standards
• Ensured data integrity at every stage, from gathering to verification
• Maintained patient confidence by ensuring that data was properly secured
High School Diploma
St. James High School, Duluth, MN – 2010