A 911 dispatcher relies heavily on the skills of an emergency medical technician for helping victims of an emergency.
As soon as an EMT receives a call from a dispatcher, they are expected to go to the scene of the accident or assault and help the victim survive.
Emergency medical technicians are trained in medical procedures like first aid, CPR, and advanced critical care which they are expected to provide in the event of an emergency.
They evaluate victims or patients by examining their physical condition to form a plan of immediate care so that they can be transported to a hospital.
It can be a daunting job, especially for first-timers, however, as experience grows with time, this work becomes almost mechanical.
EMTs are expected to provide some emotional and trauma support to victims so that they can ease them to facilitate the procedure of examining and administering care.
If you are looking for this challenging job, you may be interested in building an effective resume. The following objectives for your resume will help you write the beginning line of your resume.
EMT Resume Objective Examples
1. Energetic professional looking for an Emergency Medical Technician position with Hall Ambulance. Poised to make use of my skills in providing initial patient assessment and medical care to help them survive. Able to handle stressful situations calmly, professionally, and promptly.
2. Seeking a position as an EMT at Envision Healthcare where hands-on experience in administering first aid procedures will be fully utilized to ensure patient comfort as best as possible.
3. A certified and licensed EMT with 7+ years of successful experience in providing emergency medical assistance to patients with mild and critical injuries. Passionate to pursue my career as an emergency medical technician at ABC Company.
4. To work for Core Healthcare Facility as an EMT where a keen understanding of emergency patient care will be utilized to provide efficient life support and first aid treatment to patients in emergency situations.
5. Compassionate, very professional, and emotionally stable individual, poised to obtain an EMT position with Sava Health. Leveraging 5+ years of experience in initial patient assessment to provide an immediate plan of care.
6. An emergency medical technician position with the City of New York. Offering a thorough understanding of stress response along with necessary medical services needed in an emergency situation. I am well-liked by the patients and peers equally.