Overview and Guidelines
By definition, a cover letter is an introductory document that accompanies your resume, but in reality there’s a lot more to it. It is a golden opportunity to make the employer see you in a favorable light as a viable candidate, make use of it smartly and market your candidacy well.
Here are a few helpful tips pertaining to effective cover letter writing for heavy diesel mechanic resume.
• Incorporate 3-5 bullets that show you are actually capable of delivering results. You could highlight your core competencies in these bulleted phrases or showcase a few professional accomplishments to serve as evidence of your potential
• Reflect your knowledge of the firm you are applying at. Employers like to know that the candidate is taking so much interest. Make an effort to grasp their current needs and then exhibit the knowledge in your cover letter
• Do express your interest in meeting the hiring manager. Suggest an interview schedule or just mention that you would like to see them in person. Proactive candidates often include a follow up plan in the last section of their cover letter.
430 Evergreen Lane
Phoenix, AZ 56944
jason @ email . com
November 6, 2015
Mr. Harris Carlson
55 Wesley Square
Phoenix, AZ 56944
Dear Mr. Carlson:
If you seek a skillful and experienced heavy diesel mechanic with track record of delivering more than satisfactory breakdown response and routine heavy diesel engine maintenance services, your search for the ideal candidate is over. My detailed resume is enclosed for your consideration.
My expertise include:
• Profound ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, fix and replace various diesel engine parts
• Efficient in conducting preventive maintenance of diesel machinery including fine tuning and fluid checks
• Well versed in keeping record of all services delivered
• Expert in dismantling, welding and soldering damaged equipment parts and reassembling engine components
Being a team oriented and result driven professional I have always maintained satisfactory interpersonal relations with my coworkers and clients. Adept at problem identification and diagnosis, I also bring proven skills in controlling fuel costs of various heavy diesel engines through implementation of software aided fine tuning and combustion mixture adjustment techniques. I look forward to joining your team and putting my practiced skills to use in the best interest of TRAX SERVICES.
I would welcome the opportunity to meet you in person and discuss my candidacy in relevance to the vacancy in further detail. Call me now to communicate a suitable time and date for interview. I also intend to follow up this letter coming Tuesday. In the interim, I’d be glad to answer your queries about my background and qualification at (004) 333 – 2222.
Thank you for your time and consideration.