When we say a resume is a self promotional tool, we mean that the resume is a document, meant to present the candidate in the best possible light in front of prospective employers.
Your resume must be about your competencies, job relevant skills and experience.
To furnish the prospective employer with evidence regarding your potential, it must communicate your professional accomplishments as well.
There are several formats, layouts and templates available for resume writing but none of these are perfect.
If you intend to use a built-in template, think again. Probably a few other candidates will also be using the same template.
Will you be able to stand out as a viable candidate if your resume and that of three other candidates is on the same template? Definitely not! One has to be unique to get noticed.
Have a look at the sample given below for further guidance.
Heavy Duty Mechanic Apprentice Resume Sample
340 Kimberly Ave, Ohio, TX 56002
kevin @ email. Com
Safety oriented individual seeking a position as a heavy duty mechanic apprentice. Enrolled in second year of the ASE accredited American HDM program. Strong analytical skills coupled with proven ability to solve problems with a multifaceted perspective. Extensive knowledge regarding the mechanical and electronic components of various off-highway equipment
AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE
|– Parts Assembly
– Engine Maintenance
– Machinery Inspection
– Steering/ Suspension
– Mechanical Service
– Hydraulic Systems
– Parts Replacement
– Component Repair
– Diagnostic Testing
– Heating/ Cooling
– Repair Estimation
• Reduced annual repair costs by 30% through vigilant and proactive preventive maintenance of machinery
• Doubled the customer satisfaction level through demonstration of courteous and timely response to assistance calls and breakdowns
• Conducted engine overhauling and transmission replacement for 8 heavy engines performing welding where needed
Heavy Duty Mechanic Apprentice
RYDER, Ohio, TX (2/2014 – Present)
• Carry out general servicing and maintenance tasks for medium and heavy duty engines including lubrication, oil change and minor repairs
• Perform various diagnostic tests to identify the problem and assist the mechanic in troubleshooting the same
• Maintain, track, repair and service orders as received
JOY GLOBAL, Ohio, TX (1/2013 – 1/2014)
• Conducted preventive maintenance tasks for heavy machinery including oil and filter change under mentorship of the mechanic
• Ensured proper storage, oiling and cleaning of tools and equipment and general neatness of the yard
• Conducted visual inspections to identify any mechanical hazard on site
Associate’s Degree in heavy duty Mechanics
INSTITUTE FOR MECHANICAL STUDIES, Ohio, TX, 2012
• Load lifting ability up till 60 lbs
• Well versed in vendor’s technical bulletins and familiar with tools of the trade
• Willing to work extra shifts in odd weather conditions