Regardless of what position you are applying for, or which part of the hierarchy you are aiming for, information for your skills needs to be elicited in a resume.
It is imperative if you are applying for a job as a rookie – a position for which you have no experience. In such a situation, it is essential that you build up on your skills, so that lack of experience is not such an issue.
The fact that you are a skilled and competent individual must be communicated to a hiring manager, who does not know you from Adam. He or she will need to know what you are capable of doing, and how much professional pressure you can take.
Experience is secondary where cover letters are concerned – in fact, it does not count in a cover letter written for an internship position. Focus on highlighting what makes you tick, and then write this information in a way that is entirely acceptable for a hiring manager.
The first thing that you need to do is jot down your capabilities. Once you have a clear picture of what your abilities and skills are, it is not difficult to put them on a resume – or a cover letter.
For a resume, make sure that your skills are highlighted in bullet form. In cover letters, you can talk about them in prose. For a digital marketing intern position, the following skills can be placed in your job application documents:
Sample Skills for Digital Marketing Intern
• Competent in assisting in the creation, development, and implementation of core digital marketing plans, including SEO and SEM.
• Effectively able to support the development of digital and social media activities, and handle accountability for deployment of correlating campaigns.
• Qualified to providing reporting and analysis support to improve efficiency and effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns.
• Deep familiarity with analyzing performance metrics and benchmarks, aiming to help improve efficiency and effectiveness of implemented campaigns.
• Well-versed in managing social media campaigns on platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube.
• Skilled in executing core marketing campaigns that generate awareness about brands.
• Ability to manage ad-spending activities to maintain marketing budgets.
• Highly efficient in creating, optimizing, and managing PPC, and crafting compelling copy/content for the company’s website.
• Proven ability to run and maintain multiple ad campaigns, for different business platforms.
• Exceptionally talented in conducting market research for possible opportunities, providing administrative and clerical support to digital marketing campaigns.