Applying for an internship may be one of the most exciting times of your life.
However, this can easily be dampened if your resume is not up to the mark.
It is true that as a first timer, you do not have much to boast in a resume. But that is only limited to experience.
You may not have a lot of experience at this time, but you do have skills. Build up on your skills, when writing a resume for an internship position.
Your interest in the area where you are applying needs to be highlighted in your resume. If you know the work based on your academic knowledge, this information needs to be elicited in the resume.
Your skills and competencies also need to be highlighted – any volunteer positions, or previous internships or externships will go a long way in making you come across as a great candidate to hire.
For a digital marketing intern position, you can emulate the following resume sample:
Digital Marketing Intern Resume Example
455 Cole Road, Wheeling, WV 55021
DIGITAL MARKETING INTERN
Resourceful, competent, and highly enthusiastic, with exceptional skills in assisting in the development and implementation of core digital marketing strategies. Well-versed in measuring and reporting performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assessing ROIs and KPIs.
• Qualified to develop and map out client social media marketing content and editorial calendars.
• Effectively able to develop, execute, and present digital plans, from inception to completion.
• Familiar with building, curating, and growing social media communities.
• Skilled in executing digital marketing campaigns, to generate awareness of the company’s existence.
|SEO and PPC||Brand Name Recognition||Marketing Analytics|
|Social Media Campaigns||Budget Handling||Paid Searches|
|Digital Subscriptions||Brand Strategies||Business Support|
West Virginia State University, Wheeling, WV – 2017
Bachelor’s in Business
Major: Digital Marketing
West VirginiaState University, Wheeling, WV – 2/2014 – 12/2017
• Led the digital marketing student team through a particularly complex academic training session.
• Made it to the Dean’s list 3 times in 3 years, owing to exceptional academic excellence.
Digital Marketing Extern 1/2017 – 5/2017
Ironpaper, Wheeling, WV
• Assisted in the development and implementation of core digital marketing strategies, including such as SEO and SEM.
• Provided research assistance to identify trends, and insights, aimed at optimizing performance.
• Wrote copy for company websites, and ensured that its social media presence was made more profound.
• Provided support in brainstorming new ideas for digital marketing purposes.
• Wrote and dispatched email marketing campaigns, and designed website banners.
Excellent professional references available