Are you ready to apply for a terminal operator position?
Add a cover letter to your application!
Writing a cover letter can sometimes be very tricky, but by following a few tips, you can grab the employer’s attention.
The first paragraph must not be boring or regular in any case. It is the place where hooking the employer’s attention is very crucial.
Build a strong case for your candidacy
Show relevance and explain how you intend to apply your skills for the benefit of the hiring organization.
Demand an interview and also suggest a follow-up plan.
See also: Terminal Operator Resume
Take a look at the following sample cover letter for a terminal operator position.
Terminal Operator Cover Letter Example
2nd Crossroad Street
Colorado, CO 33444
March 10, 2022
Mr. Christopher Plummer
XYZ Container Load and Inc.
11th Serene Avenue
Colorado, CO 33444
Dear Mr. Plummer:
If you are looking for a reliable and skilled terminal operator who has excellent physical stamina and willing to do night shifts, then you are looking at the right person’s application.
I have diverse experience of working at airport terminals, railway terminals, and petrol pumps. With a track record of following all safety rules and procedures, I have always worked in strict compliance with the company rules and regulations.
Some of the strengths I offer:
- 8+ years of experience at various terminals with demonstrated ability to maintain daily logs and handle regular orders effectively.
- Expert in monitoring tank gauges, tank cleaning, container flushing, and forklift operation.
- Well versed in data entry, inventory maintenance, shelf stocking, container weighing, and pump alignment.
- Exceptional communication skills and computer proficiency.
- Substantial knowledge regarding safety guidelines to be followed while loading and unloading containers with hazardous material, chemicals, and fuel.
- Well versed in carrying out product transfer operations and monitoring of the same.
- Proficient in conducting quality control trials and issuing inspection reports regularly.
My exceptional expertise in truck rack automation systems, familiarity with conveyor system operation, and crane hoisting are added attractions that you will find very helpful at the terminal. The chance to work under your supervision seems inspiring, and I would welcome the prospect of meeting with you to elaborate on my potential further.
Thank you for your time and consideration.