Project Manager Resume Writing Tips
- Start your resume with a summary statement.
- Include your core skills after the summary statement.
- Mention only relevant experiences.
- Create a sub-section of achievements in the experience section.
- Organize your resume in a logical manner.
- Avoid any spelling or typographical errors.
- Use high-quality paper and standard format.
- Write in a positive tone.
- Sound confident when you build your resume.
- Create a balance between characters and whitespace to make your resume readable within a few seconds.
Sample Resume for Project Manager Position
45 Elm Street, Burwell, NE 86974
Self-directed, resourceful project manager with a 15-plus-year track record of ensuring project delivery within deadlines and allocated budgets. Exceptionally talented in coordinating with internal resources to ascertain flawless project execution, defining project scope and goals by employing strategic initial planning directives and incorporating changes to the project scope, schedule and costs by using specific verification techniques.
A visionary leader who is known for developing and implementing detailed project plans to monitor and track progress and reducing the risk for individualized projects through effective implementation of risk management procedures.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
• Process Improvement
• Performance Management
• Change Implementation
• Correction Initiation
• Strategic Planning
• Standards Implementation
• System Improvements
CATAPULT SYSTEMS, Burwell, NE
Apr 2017 – Present
• Determine the purpose of each project and strategize its initiation.
• Coordinate resources, manpower, and third parties to meet the requirements of the project.
• Interview, hire, and train project members to ensure that an appropriate mix of personnel is available.
• Define project scopes and goals and set appropriate deadlines.
• Ascertain that resources are available and are correctly allocated.
• Develop and implement detailed project plans to ensure effective monitoring and progress tracking.
• Change project scopes and schedules according to the dynamic needs of each module.
• Contribute information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
• Prepare action plans and implement standards of customer services, quality, productivity, and production.
• Forecast requirements, prepare annual budgets, and schedule expenditures.
• Created and implemented production, productivity, customer service, and quality standards in an organizational structure that had worked haphazardly previously.
• Identified a key market trend that proved invaluable in handling planning activities for a $5m project.
• Improved processes associated with individual modules, increasing efficiency of each by a staggering 67%.
• Simultaneously led 4 projects, ensuring efficacy and timely delivery of all.
Assistant Project Manager
DEALERTRACK, Burwell, NE
May 2010 – Apr 2017
• Defined project scopes by providing assistance to the project management team concerning logistics.
• Arranged for resources and workforce to be assigned to each project module.
• Created clear and attainable objectives with support from the project management team.
• Drove team collaboration and open client communication to minimize uncertainty.
• Created and maintained liaison with third parties to ensure timely delivery of supplies and resources.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration
NEBRASKA STATE UNIVERSITY, Burwell, NE – 2009
Concentration: Information Technology Management