An Office Assistant resume profile or summary is a short paragraph at the beginning of the document (the resume), which indicates why an applicant is good for the position for which she or he has applied.
While the rest of the resume also highlights an applicant’s abilities and qualifications for a particular job, it is the profile that does the magic.
A well-written and structured Office Assistant resume profile can go a long way in making you come across as the best person for a job.
There are times when hiring managers do not read beyond a resume profile. That is, if the resume profile really is as well-written and informative as they expect it to be.
A watery profile that does not say much about a candidate is almost always the cause for the downfall of the resume. Note: make sure that you spend a good bit of your time and effort on writing a resume profile, and you will never lose out on a job opportunity.
As an applicant, it is your duty to make sure that your profile tells a hiring manager that you will be the best choice to hire, because you have all the skills that he or she needs.
To see how this can be done, have a look at the following list of profiles for an office assistant resume:
Sample Profile Statements for Office Assistant Resume
• Highly experienced and skilled Office Assistant, with extensive exposure to maintaining operational efficiency of the assigned office. Proficient in providing excellent customer service, scheduling appointments, answering phone and handling correspondence according to set instructions. Friendly and cheerful with exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Uniquely qualified Office assistant with over 6 years’ successful track record. Experienced in answering phone, maintaining calendars, scheduling appointments, and upholding security policies. Demonstrated expertise in assisting associates to optimize processes. Reliable and organized with a special talent to remain focused on client’s needs. A proven multitasker who has great time management skills.
• Resourceful and competent professional with 11 years of hands-on experience working as an Office Assistant in high-volume environments. Deep familiarity with sorting and distributing mail, using computers to handle back-office work, and creating and updating records in a safe and confidential manner. Flexible and accurate with the ability to work collaboratively to meet and exceed company’s goals. Excellent communication skills.
Sample Profiles for Office Assistant with No Experience
• Self-reliant and dependable Office Assistant with strong skills in handling the operations of assigned office are or department; answering phone calls, organizing materials, managing records, and handling general office duties. Working knowledge of types and functions of office equipment. Proficient in MS Office Suite, email and google drive. Inherent desire to work with people from different backgrounds.
• Top-performing Office Assistant with excellent knowledge of providing administrative and clerical support to different departments. Documented success in responding to requests in a positive manner, and handling filing and records management work. Bilingual; English and Spanish.