To work as a motel manager, you have to create a resume that stands out from the rest of the crowd.
Making sure that you highlight your past experience as a motel manager is important.
Your resume should effectively concentrate on your knowledge of overseeing the functions of all departments within the motel so that everything runs in sync with protocols and regulations.
As a motel manager, you should focus on your ability to, and experience in facilitating cooperation, teamwork, and high morale of staff.
A motel manager’s resume example is provided here for reference purposes:
Motel Manager Resume Sample
41 3rd Street, Orlando, FL57012
Dynamic Motel Manager with over 5 years of experience in handling a wide variety of oversight functions. Results-oriented, with a solid track record of mentoring personnel, in order to ensure high-quality guest service delivery. Able to respond to guests’ complaints, and resolving issues in accordance with hospitality protocols and procedures.
• Recruitment and Training
• Budget Management
• Financial Records Management
• Guest Services
• Maintenance Work Planning
• Guest Complaint Handling
• Business Marketing
• Health and Safety Compliance
• Successfully retained an irate guest, by providing excellent services post complaint resolution
• Implemented a health and safety system, thereby, decreased in-house accidents
• Increased the hotel’s client base by 25%, by implementing core marketing efforts
Mesa View Lodge, Orlando, FL
5/2017 – Present
• Set room rates and monitor income and expenses
• Plan menus and oversee staff work processes
• Set prices of each menu item, ensuring that they are in sync with the competition
• Create schedules for each employee and ensure they follow them
• Oversee the implementation of health and safety protocols
• Inspect the motel for cleanliness and overall maintenance
• Direct and oversee reservation, reception, room service, and housekeeping work
• Plan and supervise bar and restaurant activities
• Assess and review guest satisfaction, and ensure better services in lacking areas
• Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
• Plan budgets and keep accounts, and organize and coordinate events
• Perform marketing activities in order to increase room sales
Dash Inn, Orlando, FL
2/2012 – 5/2017
• Trained and mentored staff to perform their best
• Maintained high levels of services on a daily basis
• Oversaw delivery of excellent guest services by inn personnel
• Conducted periodic premises inspections to ensure that the inn was being maintained properly
Associate’s Degree in Hotel Management
Florida College, Orlando, FL – 2011