Walmart Manager Job Description
Working as a manager at one of the biggest multinational retail corporation in the United States, Canada, and Mexico is challenging. When you are assigned to handle the management end of a Walmart store, you will need to be great at what you do.
A Walmart manager makes sure that all customer service activities are properly carried out, and that company regulations are enforced and followed.
A person working as a Walmart manager will need to possess a degree in business at the very least. In addition to this, he or she will need to possess exceptional leadership skills along with an excellent ability to understand the retail system.
Since you will essentially be working in a position that requires much in terms of oversight, you will need to possess a strong personality that people can look up to. Handling scheduling duties, ensuring that customers are satisfied at all times, and managing conflicts will be all in a day’s work for you.
Complete understanding of the store operations and resource management will all be part of your work as a manager at Walmart. Additionally, you will need to provide oversight to counter and cashier operations, ensuring that all work processes are properly carried out and that any issues or problems are resolved in real-time.
Some of the prime duties that you will be performing in the role of a manager at Walmart include:
Job Duties for Walmart Manager Resume
- Create employee schedules and ensure that they are implemented and followed in an appropriate manner.
- Oversee the work of retail associates to ensure that they are providing high-quality customer services that are in sync with company policies.
- Recruit, train, mentor and oversee the work of new employees, providing both induction and orientation support.
- Provide oversight to the work of cashiers, perform cash register audits, and ensure that any discrepancies are handled in an immediate manner.
- Manage budgets and ensure that both statistical and financial records are properly managed and filed.
- Set goals for sales teams and assist team members in reaching these goals by following set procedures.
- Maximize profitability by encouraging staff to work towards their goals and ensure that compliance with health and safety legislation is maintained.
- Prepare promotional materials in sync with marketing and sales teams and assist with visual merchandising displays and activities.
- Provide intervention in escalated issues involving customer dissatisfaction, aimed at ensuring that they are resolved immediately.
- Create and submit sales reports on a periodic basis, ensuring that all set goals and targets are achieved.
Recommended: Walmart Manager Cover Letter Sample