Skills increase the appeal of an advertising manager’s resume. Whether they are transferrable skills, job-related skills, or adaptive skills, they define you as the right person for a job.
An employer may come across many Google search results, blogs, and social media profiles, but none of them will provide him or her with as much information about you as a resume will.
But not all information on a resume is perceived the same way by an employer. University degrees, volunteer work, and past experiences do make a good impression, but the real test of an employee is when an employer goes through a list of their skills and abilities.
That is why it is important to mention your skills in a resume. These are always substantiated by keywords so that they stand out.
The use of appropriate keywords will help you write a list of your hard skills, making it easy for hiring managers to decide in favor of hiring you.
Proving that your skills are up to date may be a bit tricky, especially if you are a career-changer or have been out of the workforce for a few years. But never for a second believe that you can do without them. Even if you have been out of touch, there must be some skills that you can show off on a resume.
A list of job-related hard skills for an advertising manager resume is given below for reference:
Sample Skills to Use in an Advertising Manager Resume
1. Expert in determining clients’ advertising needs by interviewing them in detail and coming up with effective plans to meet these needs.
2. Hands-on experience in gathering and organizing information to assist in decision-making procedures, particularly related to media placement and campaign lengths.
3. Proven ability to effectively and efficiently prepare advertising budgets, calendars, and project schedules.
4. Deep insight into recommending creative concept revisions in sync with clients’ dynamic advertising needs.
5. Effectively able to plan and implement advertising and promotional campaigns to meet market share increase requirements.
6. Demonstrated ability to initiate market research and analysis to determine market opportunities for business.
7. Proficient in developing pricing strategies for products and services in sync with competitive pricing standards.
8. Competent in monitoring and analyzing sales promotion results to determine the cost-effectiveness of running advertising campaigns.
9. Adept at tracking advertising budgets and expenses to evaluate each campaign module based on program objectives.
10. Able to plan and prepare advertising materials to increases sales of products and services.
11. Excellent skills in setting up advertising goals and forecasts, driving key initiatives and projects, and ensuring revenue growth through well-placed advertising efforts.