Maids perform light cleaning and maintenance duties in private households and commercial establishments. They are responsible for maintaining the assigned premise in a clean and orderly manner.
Their typical duties include:
✓ Making beds
✓ Replenishing linens
✓ Cleaning rooms and halls
How to Write a Maid Resume?
Many traditional resume rules and templates are not useful for maid or house cleaning positions.
That is because their employers are often working parents, so they perceive a resume and cover letters in a much different way as compared to corporate employers.
The following resume example for a maid position will assist you with your job application process. Learn how to customize your resume for a potential client to get the best results.
See also: Maid Cover Letter Sample.
Maid Resume Example
22 Brampton Ave. Houston, TX 65221
[Contact #], [Email Address]
Hardworking and a reliable maid who likes making customers happy.
Top-performing Maid with 13-plus-years of extensive cleaning and housekeeping experience. Highly skilled in performing the day to day household and commercial maintenance tasks. Ability to safely operate machinery, including washers/dryers, and dishwashers. Respect the privacy of people and clients. Known to create an orderly and friendly environment. Able to buy groceries and maintain kitchen’s hygiene and cleanliness.
✓ Windows Washing
✓ Vacuum carpeting
✓ Linen closet stocking
✓ Debris pick up
✓ Emptying trash containers
✓ Furniture dusting
✓ Making beds and changing sheets
✓ Cleaning and disinfecting items
✓ Floors sweeping, mopping, washing, and polishing
✓ Safe use of cleaning chemicals
• Calculated the exact amount of required cleaning chemicals which reduced costs by $4500.
• Took up specialized training in cleaning from XYZ Training Centre.
Private Capacity, Houston, TX / 2011-present
• Sanitize rooms, hallways, and other living or work areas
• Change sheets and towels; make beds; clean, fold, and iron clothes
• Empty trash bins and take garbage to disposal areas
• Vacuum carpets, and upholstered furniture
• Brush and polish floors using brooms, mops and other tools
• Clean and polish windows, walls, and furnishings
• Replenish bathroom supplies such as soap and toilet paper
• Dust and buff furniture and utensils
Merry Maids, Santa Rosa, CA / 2005-2011
• Prepared cleaning products and loaded the same onto the vehicle
• Performed routine maintenance tasks within the house
• Used different kinds of cleaning chemicals to clean residential homes
• Swept and vacuumed floors
• Resolved client’s issues tactfully
• Facilitated the collection of payment from customers
• Reported lost and found items
High School Diploma
St. Louis Community School, Houston, TX
Current Texas driver’s license, transportation, and insurance
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to read and interpret manuals
• Great attention to detail
[List 2 references here]
Maid Job Benefits
The following are some of the many benefits that may be provided to maids by the employers.
✓ Flexible hours
✓ Competitive wages
✓ Travel time
✓ On the job paid training
✓ Company vehicle for licensed maids
Maid Eligibility Criteria
✓ High school, GED or equivalent
✓ Current driver’s license, reliable transportation, and insurance
✓ Police clearance
✓ Good attention to detail
As per BLS website, employment estimate and mean wage estimates for maid occupation: