Often, we look at a job description and think what does the title mean?
The reference is to the many different designations that we see which are primarily for the same position.
For instance, a hotel housekeeper is also called a chambermaid. So if you see an opening for a chambermaid, you know that you need to prepare your resume for a hotel housekeeping job.
When you write a chambermaid resume, make sure that you put in any information that you have regarding housekeeping.
Relevant information does not only signify you working in a similar position at a hotel – even if you have worked on a cruise ship or a residential building, the experience will suffice.
Here is a sample resume to help you along:
Sample Resume for Chambermaid Position
778 Keats Avenue, Stillwater, MN 22589
Dedicated Housekeeping professional with 13+ years of progressive experience in working in large hospitality environments. Adept at cleaning and maintaining guest areas and rooms to ensure total satisfaction and upkeep of presentation standards.
Special talent for:
• Sweeping, scrubbing, and polishing floors by safely using chemicals and polishes.
• Disposing of trash by following the strict procedure for waste control and disposal.
• Operating mechanized equipment to handle cleaning and maintenance activities.
• Handling preventative maintenance on industrial cleaning equipment.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Preventative Maintenance
- Laundry Management
- Furniture Polishing
- Repair and Replacement
- Guestroom Preparation
- Guest Services
- Disinfection Procedures
- Supplies Inventory
- Polishing Procedures
- Supply Management
- Damage Management
• Introduced a series of preventative maintenance procedures which increased cleaning equipment life by 20%.
• Implemented a sophisticated supplies inventory system, reducing low supply issues considerably.
• Hold the highest record of satisfied customers between the years 2020 and 2021.
• Suggested implementation of dedicated disinfection procedures leading to a higher rate of guest satisfaction.
THE HYATT, Stillwater, MN
(6/2015 – Present)
• Clean rooms, waiting areas, and hallways by performing sweeping and mopping activities.
• Mix and use disinfectants on floors and surfaces to keep them clean and sanitized.
• Empty wastepaper baskets and clean ashtrays and ensure that they are properly disposed of.
• Lay down fresh linen to prepare beds for new guests and replenish supplies in bathrooms.
• Vacuum rugs and carpets using industrial vacuum cleaners and wash them down periodically.
AAU CO, Stillwater, MN
(8/2008 – 6/2015)
• Disinfected equipment and supplies using germicides and steam-operated sterilizers.
• Washed and cleaned bathrooms.
• Swept and scrubbed floors using dedicated machines.
• Prepared rooms for meetings.
• Arranged decorations and media equipment.
• Polish furniture and silver accessories such as fittings and fixtures.
THE RESORT, Stillwater, MN
(1/2005 – 5/2008)
• Carried linen from supply rooms to guest rooms and assisted in laying them down.
• Replenished bathroom supplies and ensured that bathrooms are properly cleaned up.
• Cleaned rugs and carpets using vacuums and shampooing techniques.
• Sorted clothing and linen and ensured that appropriate piles are made to make it easy for laundering purposes.
• Swept, scrubbed, and waxed floors and polished furniture.
• Assisted in kitchen work by providing cleaning, food preparation, and dishwashing support.
High School Diploma
ST. JAMES HIGH SCHOOL, Stillwater, MN