Often, we look at a job description and think what does the title mean?
The reference is to the many different designations that we see which are primarily for the same position.
For instance, a hotel housekeeper is also called a chambermaid. So if you see an opening for a chambermaid, you know that you need to prepare your resume for a hotel housekeeping job.
When you write a chambermaid resume, make sure that you put in any information that you have regarding housekeeping.
Relevant information does not only signify you working at a similar position at a hotel – even if you have worked on a cruise ship or a residential building, the experience will suffice.
Here is a sample resume to help you along:
Sample Resume for Chambermaid Position
778 Keats Avenue, Stillwater, MN 22589
Dedicated Housekeeping professional with 13+ years’ progressive experience in working in large hospitality environments. Adept at cleaning and maintaining guest areas and rooms to ensure total satisfaction and upkeep of presentation standards.
Special talent for:
• Sweeping, scrubbing, and polishing floors by safely using chemicals and polishes.
• Disposing of trash by following the strict procedure for waste control and disposal.
• Operating mechanized equipment to handle cleaning and maintenance activities.
• Handling preventative maintenance on industrial cleaning equipment.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Preventative Maintenance
- Laundry Management
- Furniture Polishing
- Repair and Replacement
- Guestroom Preparation
- Guest Services
- Disinfection Procedures
- Supplies Inventory
- Polishing Procedures
- Supply Management
- Damage Management
• Introduced a series of preventative maintenance procedures which increased cleaning equipment life by 58%.
• Implemented a sophisticated supplies inventory system, reducing low supply issues considerably.
• Hold the highest record of satisfied customers between the years 2011 and 2015.
• Suggested implementation of dedicated disinfection procedures leading to a higher rate of guest satisfaction.
THE HYATT, Stillwater, MN
(6/2011 – Present)
• Clean rooms, waiting areas, and hallways by performing sweeping and mopping activities.
• Mix and use disinfectants on floors and surfaces to keep them clean and sanitized.
• Empty wastepaper baskets and clean ashtrays and ensure that they are properly disposed of.
• Lay down fresh linen to prepare beds for new guests and replenish supplies in bathrooms.
• Vacuum rugs and carpets using industrial vacuum cleaners and wash them down periodically.
AAU CO, Stillwater, MN
(8/2008 – 6/2011)
• Disinfected equipment and supplies using germicides and steam-operated sterilizers.
• Washed and cleaned bathrooms.
• Swept and scrubbed floors using dedicated machines.
• Prepared rooms for meetings.
• Arranged decorations and media equipment.
• Polish furniture and silver accessories such as fittings and fixtures.
THE RESORT, Stillwater, MN
(1/2005 – 5/2008)
• Carried linen from supply rooms to guest rooms and assisted in laying them down.
• Replenished bathroom supplies and ensured that bathrooms are properly cleaned up.
• Cleaned rugs and carpets using vacuums and shampooing techniques.
• Sorted clothing and linen and ensured that appropriate piles are made to make it easy for laundering purposes.
• Swept, scrubbed, and waxed floors and polished furniture.
• Assisted in kitchen work by providing cleaning, food preparation, and dishwashing support.
High School Diploma
ST. JAMES HIGH SCHOOL, Stillwater, MN