A hotel cleaner resume, along with a cover letter, is a necessary job application document. This document needs to be informational for a hiring manager to be able to decipher if you are indeed the right candidate for the job.
How to Write a Winning Resume for Hotel Cleaning Job?
- Give your current contact information at the top of the resume.
- Divide your resume into different sections.
- Use short bullet points under each section.
- Start your resume with your career summary and qualifications.
- Include information about your core skills, experiences, and education.
Here is a sample that you can look through before you begin writing your own:
Hotel Cleaner Resume Sample
541 Cedar Church Street, Leroy, AL 23212
Uniquely qualified hotel cleaner with 6 years of vast experience working in a hospitality environment. Highly developed skills in providing support to the housekeeping team by actively indulging in cleaning and maintenance activities.
• Determining guests’ needs concerning housekeeping and actively handling them.
• Safely handling and using hazardous materials such as cleaners and sanitizers by following set safety rules.
• Sweeping, scrubbing, and waxing floors by using a variety of dedicated tools such as brooms, mops, and powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
• Preparing rooms in anticipation of guest arrivals and for meetings and large-scale events.
- Waste Management
- Repair and Maintenance
- Stock Replenishment
- Cleaning Equipment Operation
- Furniture Restoration
- Room Inspection
- Inventory Management
PROFESSIONAL CLEANING EXPERIENCE
THE RIVERSIDE HUB, Leroy, AL (6/2012 – Present)
• Determine the specific cleaning and maintenance duties of the day by comprehending daily work orders.
• Clean halls and rooms, sweep and mop floors, and ensure that surfaces are properly wiped.
• Shampoo and vacuum carpets, rugs, and drapes and ensure that they are dried properly.
• Change linens and ensure that dirty or soiled linen is transported to the laundry area.
• Replace laundry bags and ensure that trash is disposed of properly.
• Replenish supplies in bathrooms and rooms and ensure that room fridges are properly stocked.
• Organize and restock housekeeping carts at the end of each shift.
• Check to determine if all appliances are in working order.
• Provide guests with information on the facility’s services and service their requests.
TOWN RESORTS, Leroy, AL (11/2009 – 6/2012)
• Cleaned guest rooms, waiting areas, and lobbies by performing sweeping and mopping activities.
• Polished furniture and waxed floors and ensured that bathrooms and kitchens are properly washed and sanitized.
• Replenished room and bathroom supplies and ensured that bed linen is changed in a timely manner.
• Delivered and removed room service items and restocked housekeeping carts.
• Observed and reported damage to hotel property and assisted in performing repair and maintenance work.
High School Diploma
LEROY HIGH SCHOOL, Leroy, AL – 2009