Court Stenographers are responsible for providing high level clerical and transcription services to a court.
They are also known as court reporters and may work on a regular or freelance basis depending on each individual position.
If you are looking for a new job as a freelance court stenographer, you may need to create your resume in order to apply.
The following resume sample will help you write your very own.
Freelance Court Stenographer Resume Example
8 Council Drive, Sun City Center, FL 90112
(900) 559-9129, Email
OBJECTIVE: Looking for a Freelance Court Stenographer position where I may be able to utilize my clerical skills along with transcription training in order to provide ad hoc services in a busy judicial setting.
• Over eight years of experience as a Court Stenographer
• Highly skilled in creating verbatim transcripts of legal proceedings
• Hands on experience in using stenograph machines and other computer aided programs
• In depth knowledge of transcribing recorded proceedings in accordance to prescribed formats
• Thorough knowledge of trial and appellate court procedures
• Exceptional understanding of current provisions affecting court reporting in most states
• Knowledge of modern office practices
• Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
• Provided stenographer services to three different courts within a day following rush jobs due to closure
• Wrote a paper on court proceedings and its impact on staff retention which was published in the Legally Yours magazine in 2011
Sep 2012 – Present
Brown and Meyers, Sun City Center, FL
• File legible transcript of records of court cases
• Provide transcripts of proceedings
• Respond to requests during court sessions
Jun 2009 – Sep 2012
CIty Court, Sun City Center, FL
• Set up and dismantles stenographer machine or computerized reporting systems
• Maintained accurate and completed files and records
• Transcribed, proofread, certified and provided related documents
High School Diploma: Community School, Sun City Center, FL – 2008