Court Stenographers are responsible for providing high-level clerical and transcription services to a court.
They are also known as court reporters and may work on a regular or freelance basis depending on each position.
If you are looking for a new job as a freelance court stenographer, you may need to create your resume to apply.
The following resume sample will help you write your very own.
Freelance Court Stenographer Resume Example
8 Council Drive, Sun City Center, FL 90112
(000) 559-9129, Email
• Over eight years of experience as a Court Stenographer
• Highly skilled in creating verbatim transcripts of legal proceedings
• Hands-on experience in using stenograph machines and other computer-aided programs
• In-depth knowledge of transcribing recorded proceedings in accordance with prescribed formats
• Thorough knowledge of trial and appellate court procedures
• Exceptional understanding of current provisions affecting court reporting in most states
• Knowledge of modern office practices
• Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
Sep 2012 – Present
Brown and Meyers, Sun City Center, FL
• File legible transcript of records of court cases
• Provide transcripts of proceedings
• Respond to requests during court sessions
• Provided stenographer services to three different courts within a day following rush jobs due to closure
• Wrote a paper on court proceedings and their impact on staff retention which was published in the Legally Yours magazine in 2011
Jun 2009 – Sep 2012
City Court, Sun City Center, FL
• Set up and dismantles stenographer machine or computerized reporting systems
• Maintained accurate and completed files and records
• Transcribed, proofread, certified, and provided related documents
High School Diploma
Community School, Sun City Center, FL – 2008