Court reporters are an essential part of a legal team as they are responsible for the overall transcribing and record maintenance of court and legislative proceedings. They do this by using stenotypes and other dictation machinery through which they type and save relevant court data.
Court reporters are required to be familiar with legal terminology so that they can understand the language in a better manner. Additionally, their listening and typing skills should be very good as they need to do both simultaneously while keeping in mind the quality of the transcription.
The following resume sample will help you build or update your resume for court reporter position.
Court Reporter Resume Example
66 Coopergrove Drive, Henderson, NV 20154
Results-oriented Court Reporter with 9+ years’ successful track record of handling court matters utilizing computer-aided technology and stenographic equipment. Demonstrated ability to meet transcription deadlines. Articulate and persuasive in creating and maintaining a precise record of proceedings and providing clerical secretarial support to the judicial officer. A diplomatic individual who is recognized for handling the situation effectively when court proceedings become emotional or volatile.
• Typed or prepared 150 judicial documents in a single day
• Promoted from court apprentice to court reporter within four months of joining following excellence in learning about the legal system and performing duties akin to clerkship and transcription
• Redesigned and implemented a more effective records systems keeping in mind accuracy and confidentiality
|• Courtroom processes and ethics||• Shorthand: 210 words per minute|
|• Legal terminology and procedures||• Courtroom transcripts creation|
|• Computer equipment and software||• Exceptional attention to detail|
|• Confidential information maintenance||• Meeting deadlines|
City of Henderson– Henderson, NV | 2012 – Present
• Take dictation at court proceedings
• File reporter records and correspondence
• Provide transcripts on as and when needed basis
• Assist in calendar control and scheduling activities
• Assist in captioning news and emergency broadcasts when needed
City of Henderson– Henderson, NV | 2009 – 2012
Junior Court Reporter
• Performed transcribe activities including proofreading and researching using popular transcription tools and equipment
• Took dictation and managed corrections based on assumptions
• Verified accuracy of documents by checking with original records.
City of Henderson– Henderson, NV | 2008 – 2009
• Assisted with filing records and light bookkeeping activities
• Assisted in researching data and precedents
• Filed and stored shorthand notes of court proceedings
• Assisted in transcription activities as required
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Registered Professional Reporter (RPR)
Real-time Certification (CRR)
Community School, Henderson, NV