Law clerks work in legal offices where they usually provide clerical and research assistance to attorneys and judges. This is a support position; people working in this position are generally entry-level candidates and gain valuable knowledge while working in a law office.
Law clerks are an important part of an attorney’s or judge’s office as they are required to perform legal research and analysis which saves their precious time for other more pressing matters. They prepare material for trials including discovery letters, exhibit lists, and subpoenas. Additionally, they are responsible for maintaining the administrative side of an attorney’s office.
When writing a resume for law clerk position, you have to pay special attention to the career objective statement. The following top-10 law clerk career objective examples will help you in this regard.
10 Best Sample Objectives for Law Clerk Resume
1. Goal-oriented and dependable Law Clerk seeking a position with Legalities Galore. Offers 4 years’ progressive track record of trial preparation and document drafting to contribute to the office significantly.
2. A confident and proactive individual looking for a job as a Law Clerk with Twin Falls County utilizing knowledge of legal terminology and effective research skills to provide quality administrative support to judges.
3. Seeking a position as a Law Clerk at Moonlighting. Bringing keen research and organization skills in order to assist the judge with daily legal work and manage office functions.
4. To work for Crawford & Crawford as a Law Clerk to leverage extensive knowledge of legal terminology, research acumen, and skills in drafting memos, opinions, jury instructions, and orders for the judge.
5. Eager get a Law Clerk Position with Kin and Associates. Offering an investigative nature with a profound legal background to assist the judge in applying the law to cases and motions before the court.
6. Seasoned legal professional with an AAS degree in law and excellent time-management skills, interested in employment as a Law Clerk with ABC Company. Leveraging excellent skills in drafting legal documents, maintaining files, and conducting legal research.
7. Proactive Law Clerk with the ability to prioritize legal assignments. Eager to contribute to the success of ABC LLC’s team by providing support in preparing legal documents and maintaining legal files across many difficult and complex areas.
Entry-Level Law Clerk Resume Objectives With No Experience
8. Exceptionally organized Law Clerk with keen attention to detail and an Associate’s degree in paralegal studies. Eager to contribute to ABC by reading, researching, verifying, and routing correspondence and legal documents. Proficient in drafting legal letters and documents.
9. Recent law school graduate seeking employment at ABC Firm as a Law Clerk. Bringing proficiency in legal case research, and the ability to work with a high caseload. Strong ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
10. A team player with a high level of attentiveness and attention to detail poised to work in the capacity of a Law Clerk for XYZ Law Firm. Strong understanding of performing legal research, writing legal memoranda, and participating in the collection, and evaluation of legal information.