A deputy sheriff’s resume contains information about your work history, academic qualifications, and skills.
In order to write a winning resume, it is essential to put only relevant information and experiences.
You can choose a resume format based on how you want the information to be displayed. For a standard format, you can pick up the following resume sample for a deputy sheriff position and write yours based on it:
Sample Resume for Deputy Sheriff Position
6192 Rising Moon Road
Ashburn, VA 42077
Known for providing effective criminal and traffic law enforcement services to the general public.
Cordial and very responsive law enforcement professional with 9+ years’ extensive experience in patrolling assigned areas and intervene in suspicious activities. Well-versed in conducting preliminary and follow-up investigations and apprehending suspects and offenders.
Special talent for:
• Observing assigned areas for possible criminal activities and other conditions that may endanger public safety.
• Investigating and reporting accidents, dangerous streets, and other hazardous conditions to ensure constant community protection.
• Interviewing witnesses, complainants, and victims and gathering and preserving evidence for court.
• Responding to emergency calls including robberies, kidnappings, assaults, and murders.
• Criminal/Motor Laws Enforcement
• Violations Detection and Prevention
• First Aid Administration
• Inmate Behavior Management
• Crime Prevention
• Traffic Laws Awareness Building
• Conducting Investigations
• Prosecution and Court Testimony
• Evidence Collection
• Witness Interviewing
LA CROSSE COUNTY, Chilton, WI
Sep 2012 – Present
• Patrol assigned areas to look for suspicious activities and take immediate action.
• Investigate and report accidents, traffic hazards, and defective streets to ensure public safety.
• Perform detailed investigation of crime scenes by interviewing witnesses, complainants, and victims.
• Gather physical evidence and ensure that it is kept safe until the time it has to be presented to the court.
• Apprehend and arrest criminals and law violators and ensure that they are kept behind bars until further orders
• Create and serve warrants, summonses, and subpoenas.
• Respond to emergency calls such as burglaries, murders, kidnappings, and assaults and ensure that immediate action is taken.
• Check properties to ensure that they are secure and check on senior citizens when requested.
• Keep complainants and victims informed of the progress of investigations.
• Record information concerning events that took place during the day.
• Called upon to serve as part of the bomb squad in a particularly harrowing situation where the bomb was placed in a house with three children inside.
• Apprehended a particularly tricky to catch murderer within three weeks of being assigned a murder case investigation.
• Re-arrested a felon who had managed to get out of his shackles and escape the courtroom during sentencing.
• Introduced neighborhood watch which reduced the crime rate by 77%.
Deputy Sheriff Assistant
IREDELL COUNTY, New Bern, NC
May 2006 – Sep 2012
• Assisted in performing patrolling duties in assigned areas.
• Responded to distress calls from victims and complainants.
• Provided logistical support in investigating accidents, murders, assaults, and robberies.
• Served legal orders such as warrants and subpoenas.
• Maintained weapons and equipment in working conditions.
• Assisted in writing and submitting criminal activities reports.
Bachelor’s Degree in Law
VIRGINIA STATE UNIVERSITY, Ashburn, VA – 2005
Major: Criminal Investigation