Work history, academic experience, and skills all need to be put in a deputy sheriff resume for a hiring manager to see.
Illustrating consistency in a resume is essential so you must make sure that you write as expressively as possible and not miss out any relevant information.
The resume is your ticket to success – a chance to let a hiring authority know that you are available and have what it takes to be a good worker.
You can choose a resume format based on how you want information to be displayed. For a standard format, you can pick up the following resume sample for a deputy sheriff position and write yours based on it:
See also: Cover Letter for Deputy Sheriff Resume
6192 Rising Moon Road ● Ashburn, VA 42077 ● (000) 854-2144 ● [Email]
Known for providing effective criminal and traffic law enforcement services to general public.
Cordial and very responsive law enforcement professional with 9+ years’ extensive experience in patrolling assigned areas and intervene in suspicious activities. Well-versed in conducting preliminary and follow up investigations and apprehending suspects and offenders.
Special talent for:
• Observing assigned areas for possible criminal activities and other conditions that may endanger public safety.
• Investigating and reporting accidents, dangerous streets and other hazardous conditions to ensure constant community protection.
• Interviewing witnesses, complainants and victims and gathering and preserving evidence for court.
• Responding to emergency calls including robberies, kidnappings, assaults, and murders.
|• Criminal/Motor Laws Enforcement||• Violations Detection and Prevention|
|• First Aid Administration||• Inmate Behavior Management|
|• Crime Prevention||• Traffic Laws Awareness|
|• Conducting Investigations||• Prosecution and Court Testimony|
|• Evidence Collection||• Witness Interviewing|
|• Reporting||• Traffic Safety Programs|
• Patrol assigned areas to look for suspicious activities and take immediate action.
• Investigate and report accidents, traffic hazards, and defective streets to ensure public safety.
• Perform detailed investigation of crime scenes by interviewing witnesses, complainants, and victims.
• Gather physical evidence and ensure that it is kept safe until the time it has to be presented to the court.
• Apprehend and arrest criminals and law violators and ensure that they are kept behind bars until further orders
• Create and serve warrants, summonses, and subpoenas.
• Respond to emergency calls such as burglaries, murders, kidnappings, and assaults and ensure that immediate action is taken.
• Check properties to ensure that they are secure and check on senior citizens when requested.
• Keep complainants and victims informed of the progress of investigations.
• Record information concerning events that took place during the day.
• Called upon to serve as part of the bomb squad in a particularly harrowing situation where the bomb was placed in a house with three children inside.
• Apprehended a particularly tricky to catch murderer within three weeks of being assigned a murder case investigation.
• Re-arrested a felon who had managed to get out of his shackles and escape the courtroom during sentencing.
• Introduced neighborhood watch which reduced the crime rate by 77%.
• Assisted in performing patrolling duties in assigned areas.
• Responded to distress calls from victims and complainants.
• Provided logistical support in investigating accidents, murders, assaults, and robberies.
• Served legal orders such as warrants and subpoenas.
• Maintained weapons and equipment in working conditions.
• Assisted in writing and submitting criminal activities reports.
VIRGINIA STATE UNIVERSITY, Ashburn, VA – 2005
Bachelor’s Degree in Law Enforcement
Major: Criminal Investigation