It is often quite a nerve-wracking experience to write a resume when you are doing it for the first time.
Since all of us have to begin somewhere, it is essential to give it a go.
Even when you are applying for an internship, your resume does need to do the rounds on a prospective employer’s table.
If you have never written a resume before, it is time you learned how to do this!
Resumes written to obtain internships are a little different from when you write one to get a job.
At this point, you may not have a lot of experience, which is why filling up a resume may be a bit of a task.
Do not worry about it.
Instead of mulling over lack of knowledge, fill up your resume with information about your skills and academic achievements – in sync with what the hiring manager is looking for.
Here is a sample resume that you can use to apply for a biology internship:
Biology Internship Resume Example
66 Huston Drive, West Mifflin, PA 55858
Hardworking and exceptionally resourceful biology student seeking an internship at ABC Company to provide technical support to biologists. Highly skilled in performing routine biology-related experiments, and efficiently documenting findings.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven ability to perform protein purifications, by using column chromatography techniques.
• Effectively able to handle manual and robotic crystallization of proteins and co-complexes.
• Deep familiarity with performing crystal soaking, manipulation, and cryocooling experiments.
• Well-versed in ensuring safe laboratory operations through the implementation of safety methods.
BS Degree in Biology
Pennsylvania State University, West Mifflin, PA – 2021
• Received Student of the Year award, 3 times in a row, owing to continuous academic excellence.
• Volunteered services at the university lab for 3 summers, and to teach after-hours clubs.
Lexington Medical Center, West Mifflin, PA
Sep 2021 – Dec 2021
• Set up and calibrated laboratory equipment, to make it ready for experiments.
• Assisted scientists and medical professionals in performing experiments and documenting outcomes.
• Ensured that all supplies and equipment were made available before the beginning of the assigned shift.
• Kept the laboratory area clean and sanitized, according to specified protocols.
• Ensured that all logs and reports were confidentially and safely maintained.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
✓ Equipment Setup
✓ Process Support
✓ Structural Biology
✓ Safety Management
✓ Data Compilation
✓ Progress Reporting
✓ Equipment Maintenance
✓ Regulatory Frameworks
Excellent references are available.