There are different types of formats and templates which might be used to build a kitchen hand resume. You can choose one depending on the needs of the employer and your experience level, but the purpose of your resume will remain the same.
A skills-based or functional format is useful if you are applying for a first job or changing your career path.
On the other hand, a chronological format is useful if you have some experience in hand.
While you can choose the format yourself, you will need to research what information goes into a resume for Kitchen Hand at each stage.
Take a look at the following sample resume and this cover letter for the Kitchen Hand position, which will assist you in your job application process.
This template is useful for both entry-level and experienced job seekers.
Sample Resume for Kitchen Hand
66 Tennyson Street, Kingston, ON
Communication | Customer Service | Hospitality
Bringing dishwashing skills, culinary expertise, and staff-support acumen to facilitate kitchen operations.
Dexterous and detail-oriented Kitchen Hand with over 8 years of experience in the overall cleanliness and maintenance of busy kitchens. Demonstrated ability to operate a dishwasher, wash dishes, and glassware by hand. “Can-do” attitude with a record of following instructions precisely. Works equally well under supervision and without supervision.
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Time management
- Good understanding of hygiene practices
- Superb food presentation skills
- Exceptional understanding of OHSA
- Eager to work in a fast-paced environment
Serene Resorts, Kingston, ON | 2015 – Present
- Wash dishes and other utensils
- Maintain kitchen equipment, cutlery, and utensils
- Help cooks with chopping vegetables and cooking
- Set up and organize tables
- Unload dishes, silverware, and glassware promptly
- Store kitchen items in the appropriate places
- Perform cleaning tasks around the premises
Key Achievements & Results
- Provided kitchen services to three events simultaneously without room for error.
- Introduced a new commercial dishwashing machine, which resulted in a 50% reduction of dishwashing time.
Some Company, Toronto, ON | 2011 – 2015
- Stocked supplies, food, and utensils
- Cleaned garbage cans and maintained work areas
- Prepared individual place settings
- Swept and scrubbed floors and windows
High School Diploma
ABC SCHOOL, Toronto, ON | 2008
“I am a hard-working individual who works well as a member of a team and creates a fun work atmosphere.”