The resume is a great way to communicate a multitude of things. But since the cliché first impression is the last impression exists, we have no choice but to go by it.
The main idea behind writing a resume is to communicate your skills, abilities, qualifications, and experience to a hiring manager. But what happens if a hiring manager has no patience or time to go through two pages full of this information? In such a case, an objective helps immensely.
But resume objectives are not only written because they provide a summary of an applicant’s abilities. As indicated earlier, the opening of a resume is exceptionally important to its success. When you begin on the right foot, you end up on the right foot too.
To create a positive impression on a hiring manager, it is important to make sure that your resume objective is strong, and says what it is supposed to say. The question now is, what does a resume objective actually say?
What it is required to edict is information of your skills and abilities, as they relate to the job for which you are applying. And all this information needs to be elicited in less than 4 sentences. It is challenging, but if you can do it, the hiring manager will be motivated to read the rest of the resume, or even call you in for an interview, without reading the rest of the resume.
Here are some examples of resume objectives to help you in writing your own:
Sample Objectives for Kitchen Hand Resume
• Enthusiastic, determined, and organized Kitchen Hand, with extensive experience in providing assistance within a kitchen, across a huge array of duties. Presently seeking a position at OSF Healthcare, by providing the benefit of exceptional skills in maintaining general sanitation of the kitchen.
• Highly experience Kitchen Hand, with over 2 years of exposure to cleaning kitchens, washing dishes, and assisting with food preparation, currently seeking a position at The Hyatt. Offering demonstrated expertise in working in fast-paced environments, with a special focus on customer satisfaction.
• Desire a position as a Kitchen Hand at The Olo Hotel. Eager to apply proficiencies in providing kitchen assistance in terms of cleaning food preparation utensils, ensuring that food preparation activities are handled with care, and handling and sorting food items and restaurant supplies.
• To work as a Kitchen Hand with Captain Cook’s. Offers skills in kitchen cleaning work, trash management activities, food rotation, and ability to ensure that food preparation activities are properly handled.
• Seeking a position as a Kitchen Hand with The Mansion of Food, by providing exceptionally well-placed skills in preparing food items, handling, sorting, and serving meals, performing preventative maintenance on kitchen equipment, and managing cleaning and sanitization activities.