System administrators install, configure and maintain software, related hardware and network infrastructures. They are responsible for ensuring that a company’s computing platforms logistics are in proper place and are working in tandem. They are usually a computer science degree holders.
When applying for a job as a system administrator, job seekers need to ensure that their resume depicts information of their skills and qualifications in this regard.
The following resume will help you write your very own.
3255 Westbrook Avenue – Richmond, VA 53892
(900) 999-9889, Email
PROFESSIONAL OBJECTIVE: To obtain a System Administrator position with the Davisco bringing expertise in system administration related solutions for various project and operational needs.
• 6+ years’ experience in setting-up, configuring, and managing system software and hardware
• Highly skilled in planning, implementation and administration of information systems
• Track record of providing support for web development, testing, system integration and installation scripts
• Experience in providing assistance to users and optimizing system operations
• Working knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards
• Well versed in Microsoft operating systems and networking procedures
• Proficient in Hyperrion, Essbase and ODI full system administration
• Knowledge of Oracle and ASO Data Cube
• Coined a communication arrangement which communicated system changes to the relevant technical support in an automated manner
• Created and implemented a system that managed work flow in a time efficient manner thereby assisting in timely flow of information to all departments
Feb 2007 – Oct 2012
ASG Technologies – Richmond, VA
• Installed new and rebuilt existing servers and configured hardware
• Developed and maintained installation and configuration procedures
• Contributed to and maintained system standards
• Researched and recommended innovative and automated processes for system administrative tasks
• Identified approaches that leverage resources and provide economies of scale
• Performed daily system monitoring and verified integrity of all hardware and software
State University of Virginia – Richmond, VA – 2006
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
Majors: Information Systems
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to identify areas of potential change
• Able to solve problems in a time efficient manner