Resumes are notoriously difficult to read but are still considered a necessity in the job application process.
Employers do not want to go through so many resumes – they have to. So why not make it easier for them by constructing them in a manner that is interesting to read for them? It is possible.
A penetration tester resume is nothing more than a profile of your professional experience and skills. With a few accomplishments thrown in, you can make your resume do the tango for the hiring manager’s otherwise tired eyes.
Here is a sample resume that does just that!
Sample Resume for Penetration Tester Position
5297 Roxbury Road
Gulfport, MS 23217
garywebb @ email . com
• An exceptionally analytic-minded individual with vast experience in determining possible network exploits by delving deep into different computer software and systems. Adept at running tests aimed at deciphering system weaknesses and providing suggestions to overcome them.
• Documented success in running both pre-determined and self-designed tests by employing creativity and imagination.
• Deep insight into conducting formal tests on web-based applications and networks, using deep assessment parameters.
• Hands-on experience in reviewing and defining requirements for information security solutions.
• Proficient in ensuring continuous enhancement of existing methodologies and supporting assets.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• IT Security Assessments
• Logic Flaws Determination
• Social Engineering
• Security Strategies
• Policies Development
• Service Improvement
• Security Issues Analysis
• Vulnerability Assessment
• Penetration Tests
• Source Code Review
L-3 CORPORATION, Gulfport, MS
(6/2016 to Present)
• Perform attack simulations on company systems and web applications to determine and exploit security flaws.
• Handle flows from “black box” to “grey box” to “white box” testing according to clients’ needs.
• Test form factors and technologies based on scopes of work.
• Perform application and infrastructure penetration tests along with physical security reviews.
• Define requirements for information security solutions and perform reviews of application designs and source code.
• Design, develop and implement penetration tools and tests and also use existing ones to handle penetration testing activities.
• Document and discuss security findings with information technology teams.
• Work on improvements for security services and provide feedback and verification about existing security issues.
• Developed and implemented a key password policy that made it impossible for hackers to break user passwords.
• Improved the workings of company systems by effectively analyzing security issues and creating and implementing security strategies.
• Designed a series of penetration tests as a basis for more advanced testing, resulting in ease of strategic test development.
• Trained 52 new hires in reviewing source codes to determine system flaws, resulting in reduced induction time.
Penetration Testing Assistant
BLACKBIRD TECHNOLOGIES, Gulfport, MS
(1/2010 to 5/2016)
• Determined system and application flaws by indulging in approved hacks
• Conducted vulnerability tests and analyzed problems in a methodical manner
• Analyzed and reversed engineer codes to discern weaknesses and provided feedback to penetration testing teams
• Assisted in developing appropriate security measures for system flaws
• Maintained activities log for each penetration test administered and its outcomes
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
TEHCNICAL COLLEGE OF GULFPORT, Gulfport, MS – 2009
Major: Cyber Security