An information technology manager heads a team of IT technicians to ensure that the company’s technical needs are fulfilled.
He or she makes sure that any problems that may arise in the network or in standalone systems are identified immediately, and handled in an emergent manner.
It is the job of the person working in this position to research and implement core technological strategic solutions in assigned areas.
Information Technology Manager Resume Example
552 Oak Tree Road, Denver, CO 77823
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
Top-performing Information Technology Manager with over 18 years of experience of working in fast-paced environments. Expert in determining information technology needs on a departmental basis and providing core solutions to meet those needs. Ability to develop requirements, outlines, budgets, and schedules for information technology projects.
• Increased the security of the network, by identifying loopholes, and fixing them in an immediate manner.
• Implemented a technology safety software, which proved to be 80% more efficient than the one already in place.
• Introduced the idea of performing periodic systems audits, resulting in decreased system downtime.
• Trained 32 information technology technicians, as part of their induction process.
|• Strategic Planning||• Project Implementation||• Systems Audit|
|• Network Planning||• Troubleshooting||• Software Upgrades|
|• Communication||• Needs Assessment||• Data Operations|
|• Data Security||• IT Policy Development||• Staff Training|
Information Technology Manager
Cummins Inc., Denver, CO 2013-present
• Gather and analyze information regarding the technological requirements of each department.
• Devise technologically sound strategies to meet the individual requirements of each user and department.
• Implement technologically sound solutions, and run regular checks on them.
• Ensure that both network and data security are managed in a profound manner, without any loopholes present.
• Develop and implement information technology policies and best practice guidelines for the organization.
Information Technology Assistant Manager
Cummins Inc., Denver, CO 2008-2013
• Oversaw all systems to ensure that they were in good working order and that technicians were working well to ensure constant running.
• Identified and troubleshoot issues within the system, ensuring that downtime is minimized.
• Hired and trained suitable information technology technicians
• Ensured that IT staff was provided with required direction
• Installed software and hardware, and ensured that both were properly configured.
Centrica, Denver, CO 2001-2008
• Ensured that security measures such as virus and malware protection were taken into account.
• Set up user accounts, and provided users with training and assistance in using technology.
• Troubleshoot issues such as system downtime, or the presence of viruses in an immediate manner.
• Assisted in identifying and implementing solutions, and performed a cost-benefit analysis as required.
MS, Computer Sciences
Colorado State University, Denver, CO – 2000