The reason that most resumes begin with an objective statement is the fact that abruptness is not liked by anyone.
This is especially true for hiring managers who are never too keen on reading a document that opens up immediately and provides too much information.
An Information Technology Manager resume objective provides an opening – it introduces candidates for a job to the hiring manager, and serves as an icebreaker too.
Resume objectives need to be wholesome if applicants want to succeed. Anyone can write a resume objective, but very few people can write ones that are acceptable to the hiring manager.
Let us now discuss what goes into a resume objective. An objective is supposed to tell the reader that he or she is the best out there and that he or she is exactly what the employer wants.
While we do not encourage that you stretch the truth, it is important to boast a little, without which, you may not have much of a chance to be considered for a job.
Talk about what your skills and abilities are, and how they relate to the position that you are applying for – and the specific requirements of the employer.
Make a match between the two, and as soon as a hiring manager sees this, he or she will be forced to shortlist you.
To see what objectives you can write on a resume for an information technology manager position, have a look at the following samples:
Sample Objectives for Information Technology Manager Resume
1. Uniquely qualified IT Manager with 6+ years of experience in leading large IT infrastructures. Aiming to use my proven Information Technology, customer service, and team management skills to effectively fill the managerial role in your company. Possess an MS in Computer Science.
2. Information Technology Manager with 7+ years’ successful track record of determining individual, departmental, and company requirements for technology, and offering core solutions to meet those requirements. Fiercely competitive approach to providing the best possible IT solutions, and able to troubleshoot complex network problems. Presently seeking an IT leadership position with a renowned company to make the most of my abilities.
3. Outgoing Information Technology Manager with an MCS degree and 3+ years of experience in designing, developing, and implementing core IT strategies. Seeking to leverage my technical and professional expertise to grow in the new role of IT Manager at your company.
4. Information Technology Manager with over 6 years of experience in planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating information technology and electronic data operations of the company, presently looking for a position at Centrica.
5. Resourceful, organized, analytic, and competent individual, currently seeking a position as an Information Technology Manager at Central Square technologies utilizing exceptional proficiencies in overseeing IT functions, ensuring that downtime is minimized.
6. To obtain a position as an Information Technology Manager at Monsanto Inc. Bringing skills in directing technological research, recommending information technology strategies and policies, and identifying and fixing technological problems.